Friday 18 May 2018

Uniko Challenge #47

Good morning!

It's almost the weekend .......... have you got that Friday feeling yet?

And what a weekend it's going to be ....... there's a royal wedding to attend,  well join in the celebrations with a glass or two of something bubbly, from the comfort of the sofa.
And when all that's over, there's a football match to watch ......... it's the FA Cup Final!  Let's see if my boys in blue can follow the Chelsea women and lift the trophy! Good luck boys!

Let's get things started today though with the latest Uniko Challenge

It's Challenge #47 and we have a little Photo Inspiration to get you started.  There's also an optional twist, which this month is ....... Birthday


The challenge runs until midnight (GMT) on Friday June 22nd so there's lots of time to play along, and the winners will be announced on Friday July 6th on the Uniko Blog.

I took the colours from the photo as my inspiration and this is what I came up with ....... pretty pink roses


I've used the Nature's Treasures II stencil from the brand new release and teamed it up with the pretty stamp set Pure Florals - Rose

I stamped the beautiful blooms using Versamark ink and then heat embossed the images with white detail embossing powder.  I coloured them using Picked Raspberry Distress ink and a water brush to give them this delicate watercoloured look ..... so pretty!


I then created masks for the roses, just from simple Post-It notes, covered them over and added in some rosebuds (which I also created masks for)


With the masks still in place I added in the leaves to the background, using the stencil and two shades of green Distress Oxides (Twisted Citron & Mowed Lawn - I think)


A few splatters of ink around the roses and the odd dot of glitter glue adds a bit more interest


And to finish off I stamped one of the sentiments from the Simply Said Blocks, fussy cut it and attached it to the front of my card, along with a few sequins


I like to decorate the inside of my cards ...... keeping with the design on the front


Stamped and embossed as before, and coloured using the same ink


Stenciled the leaves and spattered a little more ink


I'm looking forward to seeing how the photograph inspires you.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day, and have a fabulous weekend.
Good luck and best wishes to the bride and groom for tomorrow too!

Cheerio until next time ......

8 comments:

!neke said...

A real beauty !!!!
Wishing you a great weekend !
Ineke

Viv said...

Beautiful card Lin

Julie B said...

Great combination of stamp and stencils Linda, so soft and feminine. The gin is called Kettlesing by the way! :)

Deborah Frings said...

I think your roses are just gorgeous, soft, pretty and so feminine. Love the touch of bling and, as always, the inside is just a lovely. Deborah xx

PS We'll be watching the FA Cup final in the States too - Go Blues!!

cm said...

Breath-taken-away gorgeous, Linda! The soft pink roses, paired with the pretty leaf stenciling, is truly swoon-inducing! Love this!
Hugs~carol

Sue said...

Beautiful card, Linda. I love roses and water-colouring with white embossing so it's a big hit with me!

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW ! Such a beautiful and delicate card, Linda ! Great minds think alike for the choice of stamps ! I love your floral composition and you paired these gorgeous roses with the leaf stencil ! Absolutely stunning ! x

Lindsey said...

Love the soft gentle feel of your card Linda whilst still using vibrant colours. A stunner x