Saturday 12 May 2018

It's a busy day today ......

Happy weekend folks ......

And if you're a Uniko Stamps fan ..... Happy New Release Day!!!
Yes!  all the brand new products that we've been teasing you with all week are now available to buy ..... yeah!!
You can find them all on the Uniko website or ...... if you're off to Port Sunlight today for the Happy Stampers Festival and you want to get your hands on them straight away, then you'll find them all on the Uniko stand at the show.

This is actually a scheduled post as I'm currently on the boat, on my way to Port Sunlight ..... I hope!
Fingers crossed the weather's good ...... I don't like it when it's bumpy!!
We should be well into our journey by the time this goes live ....... a little group of six craftaholics, that have all been up since the crack of dawn, armed with shopping lists galore and money to spend.  Probably full of coffee and a bacon sandwich at this time, discussing who's buying what, who we want to see first,  and what time to stop for lunch!  It's going to be a great day ..... we've been looking forward to this for months!

But .... even though I'm off on a jolly, the show must go on as they say.  As it's Release Day, me and the rest of the Design Team have been busy creating more inspiration for you using the brand new stamps, stencils and dies.

So grab a cuppa ..... there's a lot to look at.  Here we go .....
All the way back to the beginning of the week with the gorgeous Nature's Treasures II stencil and that fab little stamp set ..... Simply Said Blocks II



How perfectly do they go together!  I love this new stencil, the leaves are so pretty .....


I've simply stenciled with two shades of green Distress ink, using both sizes of leaves and added one of the Simply Said II sentiments ...... easy!


A few sequins and some dots of glitter glue add a touch of sparkle.

Next up the cute Bee Happy stamp set and the Honeycomb stencil



You don't always have to use the whole of the stencil.  Here I've just added part of the design to the bottom of my card.


Distress inks again to add the colour.  A fancy die cut edge to the top part, and a few of those cute buzzy bees .....


A simple sentiment keeps the CAS design


Now for two of my favourite favourites (I know I shouldn't really say that but ....... these are gorgeous!) ........  Just Because and the Large French Script



Again, they work so beautifully together.
I stamped the script onto a square piece of card using a grey Versafine ink, and then brushed around the edges with Spun Sugar, and I think it was Victorian Velvet Distress inks.


Using the MISTI, I stamped the pretty silhouette image over the top


A few drops of water onto the Distress ink, and a few black ink splatters here and there adds a bit more interest to the background.


I then cut the square into four and mounted it onto a couple of layers of white cardstock before attaching it to the front of a 6x6 card.  And look ..... there's one of those fab sentiments again ..... told you this was a really useful set!


Still with me? ...... great.  
Next up two gorgeous stencil designs ....... Party Confetti and the pretty Stylised Flower


Another card using only part of the stencil .......


And Simply Said II again .... don't they look fab stamped in a coloured ink ......


Of course a party wouldn't be the same without a balloon or two!


Not only have I not used all of the stencil on the next card ..... I haven't used the whole die either


I've die cut my aperture off the edge of the card and placed the stenciled design underneath


A  few ink splatters, some sequins, and a bit of coordinating thread ..... held in place by one of the sentiment from the original Simply Said Blocks


On to the Designer Dies now ...... these match previously released Uniko stamp sets ........ Originally Organic Additions ...... 


A pretty, CAS design using one of the stamps and then I created an aperture using one of the matching dies


Part of the sentiment is stamped on the inside of my card ......


And I used one of the cute little blooms to embellish the heart wreath ...... there's matching dies for the all flowers


Here's a look at the card closed ......


Finally ...... (congratulations by the way if you're still with me) ..... we have the Explosion! Dies
I think these are fab!


I used the Explosion Additions stamps on the background and added some ink splatters .....


Stamped and heat embossed the WOW! then used the matching die to cut it out ........


And attached it to the card using a piece of folded acetate ..... this acts a bit like a spring and allows the word to move.


Phew!  Well .... that's it.  The brand new Uniko release ..... what's on your shopping list?

If you're still deciding which to go for, check out the rest of the DT Blogs for more great inspiration

 Izzy
Jane 
Linda (that's me!)

And don't forget to stop by the Uniko Blog too ..... you might find a few surprises!

Thanks for popping by ...... hope you have a fabulous weekend.
If you're popping along to Port Sunlight have a great day ..... spend lots, get loads of lovely new stash and I'll see you there!

Cheerio until next time .......

24 comments:

Jane said...

Wow! So much gorgeous inspiration here. All amazing!

Karthikha said...

Wow! So many wonderful cards! Each one is beautiful and superb!

Julie B said...

You weren't kidding when you said the post was long but it certainly wasn't boring. Lots of eye candy and if I didn't have them already I would be sorely tempted!
So great to see you again this morning. :)

Deborah Frings said...

Oh my goodness! They are just fantastic! Love the way you've the stencils to create such lovely clean, simple designs. I think the way you've used the tiny word inside the flowers is so clever (and I'm going to borrow that idea). You've rocked the release. xxx

I am very envious of the fact that you're going to Port Sunlight - hope you're having a great day. xx

New Creations said...

So elegant, pretty and CAS beauties! Love them all!

Becca Yahrling said...

Such fabulous and fun designs. I love how you cut your image into 4 squares on the 1st card. Looks like a window. I also love how you stamped 'happy' in all the florals of the stencil. And the heart wreath - gorgeous!

Sue D said...

Pretty and cute card designs. My fave is the one with the honeycomb and bees.

Denise Bryant said...

These are all so pretty! Love the new stamps and stencils!

Sarah G said...

Fab to see you yesterday, Linda! I hope you enjoyed the day and had a safe journey home. You really went to town on this post, showcasing everything so well! You have covered every style here from elegant and delicate to bold and bright! I really love the simplicity of your leaves card....that is so effective and I love the elegant script and silhouette. Your partial use of the stencils also demonstrates how effective they look whilst keeping the design CAS. Your post was a real treat to look through xx

Jane Willis said...

A stunning collection of cards. Great use of all the elements of the release.

Dee Earnshaw said...

WOW, WOW and WOW again - what a lovely collection of gorgeous cards - thanks for sharing

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Oh my goodness !! You’re wrapping up this release with such a wonderful set of cards !! Luckily I don’t have to choose one in between all these beauties !!
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow so many cute cards! I'm loving this release!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Beautiful cards!!! Great colouring!!!

Carole said...

It certainly is WOW! I cant get over the array of fantastic cards on display. These are fabulous...wonderful inspiration!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Well you might have had a crazy 'mojo-absent' day from what you said at the weekend but noone would know based on this stunning array of delightful cards. I definitely can't pick a favourite - simply swooning more and more as I checked them all out. So much inspiration and beautiful techniques. Thanks for the tip with the acetate on the last one ... that saves buying more action wobblers! Great to see you at the weekend and hope you had a safe and calm journey home! x

Loll said...

Amazing designs to showcase the new products at Uniko, Linda! Great work!! You always inspire me. Have a wonderful time at the Festival and spend lots!! xx

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW ! A long and beautiful post with all these wonders, Linda ! This is definitely a fabulous showcase of all the new release. A lot of great inspiration and fabulous ideas that I have to keep in mind !

Anonymous said...

Oh boy I'm in trouble after seeing your creations! I think I must have the whole collection. Great job.

AndreaH said...

I don't know how you all come up with such great ideas. Uniko has certainly fought a fab release and ALL your cards really are great. Thankyou for sharing your talent and being in this brilliant blog hop xxx

Lindsey said...

What a wonderful showcase Linda! So many lovely ideas. I think my faves are the 2 with the angular base revealing the stencilled backgrounds - I'll have to remember this composition! X

Mary Holshouser said...

Fantastic cards.
Hope you had a wonderful trip.
Sounded like it would be fun.
thanks for sharing so many
great ideas.
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Lady Joyful said...

Such fantastic designs, Lina! Thanks for the inspiration.

stempelfrida said...

Wow, what an impresive set of cards! I really like the first one so much for its softness and the cool details. I do like the layout and the colours of the third card a lot as well, the one with the balloons! Thank you for sharing!
Kind regards from stempelfrida