Thursday 10 May 2018

Guest Designer on the Twofer Card Challenge .......

Happy Thursday .......

I'm all excited today ...... only two more sleeps before our crafty day out ..... only joking! 
Yes it is only two more sleeps but ...... that's not the reason why I'm full of the joys of Spring this morning.
No .... the main reason I'm doing a happy dance around the craft room is ........ I'm one of the Guest Designer's on this month's Twofer Card Challenge  ....... hosted by the lovely Darnell.
I'm sharing the honour with the fabulous MacMable (from The Sweetest of Peas) so please pop by and say Hello.

Twofer?  What's a Twofer I hear you say.  Well, it's simple ......


Sounds easy enough ...... two designs, two different occasions, using the same stamps and/or dies.  Add a fun theme into the mix and you're away. 
This month that theme is one of everyone's favourites ......
Butterflies


My twofer is ...... a birthday card (always handy to have) and a Thank You note (we all need those at some time)


I've used one of my all time favourite butterfly stamp sets ...... Flutters 2 from Inkylicious. Four gorgeous butterflies in different sizes.
I've used the largest from the set on both of my cards, and coloured them all with Distress Oxides mixed with a little water. 

For the Thank You note I simply stamped the butterfly and heat embossed with a clear powder ..... this helps when adding the colour, the embossing acts as a resist to the water so the colour stays in the lines!


A simply sentiment stamped, heat embossed and die cut, and then inlaid back into the design .... great for posting!!


You can see I added a few ink splatters on there too just to give a bit more interest to the background but still keeping things quite CAS.

Same stamp used on the birthday card .......


this time with a little bit of masking.

The sentiment was stamped first ......


and then I added in the butterflies.


I stamped and heat embossed with a clear powder again, masking over one of the butterflies to give a bit of depth and a layered look.
If you don't like making masks then simply stamp one of your butterflies onto a separate piece of card, fussy cut it and then attach it so that it overlaps one of your stamped images.  Just make sure to stamp the antenna onto your card though, that way you don't have to fussy cut them!

I added some ink splatters to the background and attached a simple Happy Birthday to the top


And to finish off,  I added a couple of butterflies to the inside


Why not join in the fun and make your Twofer! 
The challenge runs until May 24th, so you have plenty of time.

Happy stamping!

This has been so much fun.  A BIG, BIG Thank You to the lovely Darnell for having me as a Guest Designer .... it's always a pleasure my friend!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time ......

17 comments:

Anita in France said...

What a beauty of a Twofer, Linda ... those sweetly coloured butterflies are so deliciously delicate and pretty! I love how you've added a touch of splatter to the backgrounds ... adds such a great sense of movement to both wonderfully CAS cards! Thanks so much for inspiring our players as our Guest Designer at Twofer this month! Anita :)

Deborah Frings said...

I think your cards are just gorgeous! xx

nancy littrell said...

Congratulations Linda on being a GD over at Darnell's Twofer Challenge. I LOVE both your CAS butterfly cards. You have me inspired..again, my friend. If you take a peek at my blog today you will see how I was inspired by your latest "Fowl Play" card:-) Hugs..

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful cards, Linda! I love how you added your embossed "thanks" as an inlay. Your butterflies are so pretty, and I love the spatter! Thanks for guest designing for us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Redanne said...

Yay Linda, huge congratulations on your GDT spot! Your cards are beautiful - as always!! Love those butterflies! Hugs, Anne xx

Brenda said...

Congrats to your GDT at the Twofer challenge!! I love your cards, those butterflies are just so pretty. Love the colors and the designs of both your cards. hugs, Brenda

Pat said...

Congratulations Linda, and wonderful to see your beautiful butterfly cards over at the Twofer Challenge. The heat embossed butterflies are beautifully coloured and love the masking you have done on one and then the single butterfly taking centre stage on the other. Birthday and Thank You cards are always needed so perfect for the challenge. x

Trina P. said...

Lovely twofers. Great colours and two great designs. Congrats on being GD. x

HJ said...

I love both of these cards, Linda. Beautifully colored butterflies. Thanks for the tips on how you made them. Have a wonderful day.

Mac Mable said...

Glorious colouring and colours on both of your fabulous cards. Wonderful stamp too and thrilled to be sharing the guest designing with you x

Susanne Vargas said...

Your beautifully colored butterfly cards are delightful! Love the splatters and all the white space! So wonderful to have you as a guest designer over at the Twofer this month!

Darnell said...

You're very welcome, Linda! Thank YOU for being an enthusiastic supporter and rocking the concept!! Your two butterfly designs are joyful and your coloring is gorgeous! I love the attention to detail you always bring to your designs! Have fun at the craft show!! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

Both cards are so pretty. I like the coloring and the sentiment "Think happy thoughts and you can fly".

Verna Angerhofer said...

Two gorgeous cards using the same butterfly image. I love the soft coloring of them too!

Izzy Scrap said...

Congratulations, Linda ! And what a beautiful twofer ! Two gorgeous and delicate cards with this lovely butterfly. Love your colours. Thanks so much for the inspiration ! x

Jacquie Southas said...

Congratulations on guest designing this month! Your butterfly cards are gorgeous and I'm inspired to pull out the distress oxide inks (they intimidate me).

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous cards Linda, soft and pretty and congrats on your win