Tuesday 16 January 2018

Warmest Wishes ......

Happy Tuesday .......

How is everyone? Staying warm I hope.
It's getting a little chilly again here ...... we're bracing ourselves for a bit of cold snap, according to the weather forecast anyway.  We've got gales and wintry showers to look forward to for the next few days.  We've had the hail sleet and snow already .... and it's freezing out!

It's nice and warm in the craft room though ........ I've got another busy week what with DT stuff, birthday cards (it's Lauren's birthday tomorrow), and all the packing.  It's a good excuse for another clear out I think.

 In between all that lot, it's also time for a little reminder of January's TAGplorations Challenge.


The theme for January is appropriately ......... All about Winter, with the optional twist of using texture paste.


My tag has been cut from plain white cardstock, using the largest die from the CUTplorations Manila Tags Nesting Dies

I then used the ARTplorations Coffee Cup stencil, along with white texture paste, to add the outline of my design.


Whilst the paste was wet I sprinkled fine crystal glitter over the swirls of steam .....


and once the rest of the paste was dry, I replaced the stencil back over the texture paste and added colour to the cup and saucer outline with Distress Ink


I then stamped a little design onto the cup with a cute little snowflake stamp from my stash, and heat embossed in white before adding a wash of the Distress Ink colour to the cup itself, and a touch of brown for the coffee


A few splatters of gold and silver ink onto the background ......


and a little touch of enamel accents onto the coffee adds a bit more texture.


Check out the STAMPlorations blog for the challenge guidelines and details of the prizes on offer. You'll also find lots of fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team on there too.

Mmmm ..... I think it's time for a nice hot coffee.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.  Stay warm.

Cheerio until next time .....

2 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful work with that stencil Linda. I have that and haven't used it for a while. Need to pull it out and have a play. Thanks for the inspiration!! I love the techniques you've used to create all the wonderful design, depth and texture. xx

PS Don't forget to send me your new address when you move!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun coffee tag