Wednesday 19 April 2017

More Sweet Poppy designs

Happy Wednesday .....

Middle of the week already ..... and it's raining here.  I hope it's nicer where you are.

I'm back today with a few more of my DT samples for the Sweet Poppy Stencil show on HOCHANDA later this week.
The lovely Lucy is back on our screens on Friday, for her first shows since the move over to HOCHANDA ..... no pressure!!!  She'll be great as always, showing you lots of ways to use your stencils and giving great tips and techniques on how to get the best from the Sweet Poppy range.

Today I've got the Tree of Seasons for you ...... how pretty is this


Two different looks using the same stencil ...... first up a pretty, feminine, spring look


PaperArtsy Infusions for the background ...... not sure of the exact colours I used, this came from my background stash box!  It was a pink shade and a yellow, sprinkled onto a piece of white cardstock and then spritzed with water and left to dry.  I love how the walnut stain in these pigments doesn't completely dissolve and gives this lovely speckled look


I used the Gold paste through the stencil and then randomly sprinkled over various colours of the Sweet Poppy Super Fine Glitters ..........


These glitters are incredibly fine, super sparkly and come in a stunning range of colours.


Because they're so fine you can use them on the most intricate of designs and you won't lose any of the detail
Sprinkle them over wet texture paste, leave to dry and then brush off any excess .....
You can see I didn't cover the tree completely I wanted to leave some of the gold paste showing through to add texture and interest to the design


A simple sentiment finishes off the front ......


And of course there's a little something on the inside ....


Distress inks this time, in shades of green and brown, brushed through the stencil ......


A cute little tag shaped card next, with a more autumnal feel to it maybe.  That's the beauty of this stencil .... change the colours and you can change the season


I found the tag in my stash box .... previously coloured using the faux mother of pearl technique


Apply white pearlescent paint to cardstock ...... use a piece of scrunched up cellophane to get that random look.  Leave this to dry.
Apply Distress Inks over the top blending colours as you go.  The pearlescent paint acts as a resist and gives this gorgeous shimmery MOP look .... so pretty.

I used a manila tag, white pearlescent paint and then I think it was Bundled Sage and Victorian Velvet Distress inks ..... how pretty is that pearlescent shine


I stenciled the tree over the top, slightly off the edge of the tag, using the Glossy Black paste and then sprinkled the beautiful black super fine glitter over the top.  Not only does this give a nice sparkle, it gives texture too .....


 A sentiment on the front ......


 a pretty ribbon bow on the top ......


And the tree stenciled on the inside using the same colours of Distress that were used on the tag


Lucy will be on our screens on Friday April 21st at 1pm and 6pm ...... and you're in for a treat!  Tune in to HOCHANDA ...... Sky 663/Freeview 85/Freesat 817.  I'll be watching!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I've got the little man again today ..... school's not back until next Monday!!  So there won't be much going on in the old craft room today.

Cheerio until next time .....

3 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great versatility with this new fabulous stencil. I always enjoy reading how you do your amazing creations. Fabulous projects today, always so inspirational and always very eye catching and unique creations x

Loll said...

That is one amazing stencil, especially in your talented hands, my friend! Both are gorgeous creations. LOVE the idea of sprinkling a mix of glitter colours over the gold paste. You always come up with the fabulous new ways to use things. And I love the black glitter tree against the sparkle of the faux mother-of-pearl background. You totally inspired me today. xx

Darnell said...

You are an all-inclusive designer and artist, Linda! These creations took my breath away!! Hugs, Darnell