Monday 16 January 2017

Happy Monday ......

Happy Monday .......

The start of a new week ....... how's your day been?
It's been one of those days full of paperwork here, and not the fun kind either!  Forms to fill in, household stuff to sort and letters and emails to write.  It's all done now though so I'm looking forward to the rest of the week.

Friday 13th wasn't so bad either ...... even after a little bit of a shaky start.  Lauren turned up at the house first thing and she'd lost her phone! She got it back though.
Hubby had the day off work and we went to view some houses, and we think ........ fingers crossed ...... that we might have found somewhere suitable.  Not too far away either.  I'm not saying anything else at this stage .... there's still a way to go yet.

I did manage to spend some time on my journal too ...... I'm amazed that I'm keeping this up. I might not be completing a page a day yet, but I am doing something in there everyday.
I actually finished 4 pages over the weekend!!!  Well ...... two 2 page spreads.  A little bit different too ..... a bit more grungy for the first two and then a little bit vintage looking for the second.  See what you think ......

Pages 11 and 12 ......

There's a little bit of everything on here ....... starting with PaperArtsy Infusions for the background (so excited, there's some new colours launching soon!) ....... applied by sprinkling tiny amounts of the powders directly onto my journal pages, then I used a Glazing Medium to spread the colour around.  I simply brushed the glazing medium up and down the page picking up the pigment as I went along and blended the colours together.


A little but of stenciling next with some Heavy White Gesso ........


I stamped the face using a black Archival Ink .....


And then I added a bit more detail to the pages, with some Aged Mahogany Distress Ink through one of my favourite stencils .... the brick wall.
I placed the stencil back over the design and applied the Tim Holtz Crazing Collage Medium over the top and left it to dry.


Look at all that texture ....... it works in a similar way to Crackle glaze only you don't need to add paint onto the top.

Next I did a bit more stamping here and there with various stamps ....... some floral, some background


and a touch of script in there too.
And I finished off the pages with some words from a couple of JOFY stamp set.


On to pages 13 and 14 ........
A touch of vintage ....... my favourite so far I think


Guess who's been watching Tim Holtz on Facebook Live all last week.  Have you seen all the new stuff that's coming out ..... stamps, dies, Idea-ology and then tonight whoo hoo!!! new inks!!!! I cna't wait to get my hands on those.

I do love the grungy, vintage look but I don't seem to create it that much these days so I thought my journal was a good excuse.

I found a piece of tissue paper that must have come wrapped around something .... what I have no idea but anyway it ended up in my stash and it was perfect for the background of this spread.

I scrunched it up a couple of times, opened it out again and stuck it across both journal pages using Rangers Glue and Seal ....... I love the texture that this creates.  I didn't smooth out any of the creases I wanted that old crinkled look


I then gave it a coat of clear gesso and then washed over the top with Tattered Rose Distress stain. Whilst this was still wet I gave it spritz with Biscotti Perfect Pearls ..... I love how the colours gather in the creases


Once everything was dry ........ I did give it a little helping hand with the heat tool ....... I added a little bit of stamping here and there


And, using my finger, I rubbed a touch of Versamark ink over some of the more raised creases in the tissue paper and then heat embossed with a gold powder


This art journaling is making me use some of the bits and pieces lying around on my desk  ........ like the cogs and the clock face .......


Cut from grunge paper and card, and coloured with Distress Paints


And as always I added some of my favourite words ......


Along with a lovely sentiment from Inkylicious


I'm still not up to date ...... but I'm getting there.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your Monday.
I've got a birthday card to write and a present to wrap ..... our little girl is 25 tomorrow!!

Happy Birthday Lauren! ..... love you loads xx


Cheerio until next time ....

4 comments:

Di Keeble said...

thanks for sharing the process - I think I need some spray inks - trouble is there are so many things I "need"!

Redanne said...

Both pages are beautiful but like you, I really love the second - lovely to see all the details too. I watched Tim's videos, I think I may be filing for bankruptcy soon - lol! Anne xx

Loll said...

Am really enjoying your journaling Linda! So many fantastic technique, products ... and of course, the magic you work with your creative talents. Looks like you are having lots of fun. Thanks for the tip about the new Tim Holtz products ... I really need to do some shopping as I haven't for at least a day or two. :) Obsessed!! xx

Darnell said...

First of all, Happy 5-year Blogaversary, Linda! I actually "started" mine in October of 2011, but OMG, those first few posts were pathetic and not worth mentioning. I finally got the hang of it right around our wedding anniversary date, so it's just been easier to use that date and celebrate both at the same time! It went by so fast, didn't it? Sort of like Lauren turning 25! Where did that time go?! Happy Birthday to her!

Your journaling just makes my eyes bug out! You have so, so, so much talent with all of these different techniques and effects! It's really wonderful that you have this outlet to express it all. Making cards is so limiting for doing all that expression, compared to journaling, but I'm so glad you do both AND blog and share!! Cheers to many more years!! Hugs, Darnell