Monday 14 November 2016

DAY 6 ...... O' Christmas Tree

Happy Monday evening to you ......

Well ..... it didn't take long for me to fall behind now did it!
I'm taking about Loll's 12 Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends .....


I was doing so well, but you know how it is ...... life happens.  So .... it's Day 6 for me (it's actually Day 8 of the event today but I'll catch up!)


Speaking of Christmas trees .... I got the decorations out over the weekend.  Don't worry .... the tree's not up just yet!
I was only looking through the boxes to see what I can actually bring myself to give away. You see Lauren and I have come to a deal.  
She's got her own place to decorate this year, tree and everything .....  and she asked if she could have our 'second' tree and the decorations for it.  It's the one that goes in the upstairs lounge .... not as big as the main tree but still pretty!!

No way! was my answer.  It's taken me years to build up my (rather large and very beautiful ...... even if I do say so myself) collection.  In the end we came to a compromise ....... I said she could have the tree OR the decorations so ..... she's bought her own tree and she's taking some of our decorations. It's strange to think that we're handing stuff down to the kids already ...... some of what's she's taken have been with me longer than Stephen and I have been together!!!  She'd better look after them!!!

Anyway .... onto my tag.  Really simple this one ......... the stencil is one of the ARTplorartions range from STAMPlorations and I've used white texture paste through it, and then sprinkled green glitter over the top whilst the paste was still wet


A few dots of red glitter glue, to give the look of baubles, and some gold glitter on the star finish the tree off nicely .....


Some suitable words embossed on the bottom finish off the tag.


I've also gone round the edges with a Gold Leafing pen to frame the design, before matting it onto a larger black tag.

OK .... that's Day 6 done.  Tags 7 and 8 are also done so hopefully I'll be back on track this time tomorrow.  

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your evening and have a great week.

Cheerio until next time

7 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Great tag Linda, tree looks very sparkly.
I'm sure Lauren will treasure the Christmas baubles you 'pass down' to her - family heirlooms!
Avril xx

Loll said...

Gorgeous tag Linda. Am loving the black tags ... very elegant, especially with the gold accents. I do love that tree stencil ... so stylish. The paste, green glitter and red dots really dress it up! Thanks for sharing with my tag event!

It's sweet that Lauren wants some of your Christmas decorations. I'm sure she will treasure them as memories of her childhood ... and making memories for her little man. :) xx

Bonnie said...

Wonderful glittered goodness, Linda! All these tags are making me think of getting the tree out!

Nstiz said...

Gorgeous tag! Love that stencil, one I had to have and have not used yet! You did a spectacular job of it! Loved your description about giving away the ornaments. NOT! Some hand made, some with history, some gifts and some made my little kids who are now 40! That had to be hard!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

I love the tag - so sparkly!

Jenny L said...

Hi Linda,
what a very lovely tag, and such a gorgeous tree on you design.
It sparkles lovely too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this on the black -- great idea with a fabulous end result!