Thursday 4 August 2016

Why not add a touch of GOLD .......

Happy Thursday ........

I hope you're having a good week .... the sun is shining again over here which is nice, and I had a fab day yesterday spent in the company of some of my lovely crafty buddies.  I didn't seem to do much though except get messy ...... I only have to look at a pot of paint and I'm covered in it!!  I still have a beautiful shimmery green and blue manicure ....... I must get my nails done tonight!
I did end up with some nice background pieces for use on future projects ..... we put the world to rights as always and of course there was lots of cake and biscuits.  I do like crafting with friends.

It's a busy day again today ... this is the first of two posts ....... more fun blog challenges for you to play along with.

It's time to get this months STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge started.  As always the theme is Anything Goes .... anything CAS that is ...... with an optional colour twist, and for August that colour is ........ GOLD!


I've used the colour twist .... a touch of gold embossing.


I love the ARTplorations Flutterby stencil ....... and I've just used part of it on my CAS design.
I simply applied Versamark ink through the bottom of the stencil (after carefully masking of the areas I didn't want) then sprinkled gold detail embossing powder over the top and heat set it


I added some colour to the butterflies using Distress Inks and a touch of water ......


and then brushed over the top using a clear Wink of Stella sparkle pen ......


not sure it comes across well in the photo, but the wings are so sparkly in the sunshine.

I finished off with a sentiment from the Happy Sentiment Builder set .....


and added a few splatters of the Distress colours I'd used for the butterflies ..... some on the inside too


Check out more fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team over on the Challenge Blog and then why not join in the fun.
You don't have to use the colour twist .... although you could win a $10 gift certificate to spend in the STAMPlorations store if you do ........ and you don't have to use STAMPlorations products to enter the challenge.
Full details for all of the STAMPlorations challenges can be found over on the  STAMPlorations blog

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .......

5 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Sounds like yesterday was fun and messy with your crafty buddies x Gorgeous card today and love how you managed to use the stencil to emboss the gold outline of the butterfly...off to take a look at the stencil right now to see how you did it! Thank you fro the inspiration x

Loll said...

Great design using just part of this gorgeous butterfly stencil. Love the colours you've used to colour the wings ... and the sparkle really shows in your close-up photo. xx

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Linda, I love these bold bright butterflies! And small details you add inside the card, it is like a treat for me ;) - Sweet Kobylkin

Suchi said...

Wow...those golden butterflies are just perfect to make anyone happy! Very sweet card! :)
Suchi xx

Toni said...

So pretty--love the gold with the color of the wings!