Wednesday 31 August 2016

Sorry I'm late ......

Hi there ..... Happy Wednesday evening,

Is it really over a week since I blogged ....... I haven't been on a jolly or sat around doing nothing, there's been a lot going on, but more about that later.

In case you haven't already heard ....... there's something special going on today over on the STAMPlorations blog.  Shery and the girls are having a Blog Hop and Linky party to show off the brand new STAMPlorations  COLOR BLOOMS colouring book ..... 


It's a fabulous new colouring book created for the cardmaker, papercrafter and mixed media artist in you!
34 pages filled with gorgeous floral designs for you to colour using your favourite medium .... pencils, pens, crayons, inks, paint you name it.  Then, once you've your coloured page, remove it from the book (yes that's right ..... take it out of the book) and use it to create beautiful projects ..... cards, tags, gifts.  Add parts to scrapbook pages, a journal or even make home decor pieces.

Check out today's blog and see what the fabulous Design Team have come up with .... you'll be amazed just what you can do with a page from a colouring book.

Here's what I came up with ...... a home decor piece, a gift for someone special with a greeting card to match


I coloured in the zinnia page using Inktense pencils and used a little bit of water to blend my colours


I added a touch of colour to the background using Old Paper Distress Ink again mixed with a little water, and finished off by splattering a touch of Dylusions white paint over the whole page.


Once everything was dry I glued the page to a sheet of white card to give it a bit more strength.  I then cut a piece to fit in my frame and added the die cut 'happy'.  I love these new CUTplorations thin metal dies, the words are so versatile and all the dies cut really well. 


Because I hadn't used the whole of the coloured page I decided to use the flowers that were left to make a matching card ....


It didn't matter that the flowers were off the edge of the page ..... I simply arranged them so it wouldn't show ......


There's that die cut again .... I can see this becoming a favourite ....


I even had enough flowers to put one on the inside too ....


The COLOR BLOOMS book is available for you to buy on the STAMPlorations website, so why not grab a copy and get colouring!

The Blog Hop/Linky party is open until Tues 6th September .... full details can be found on the STAMPlorations blog along with prize details ...... ooh did I forget to mention there's prizes up for grabs!! 
And if you fancy joining in the fun there's a Color Blooms sampler page for you to download from the Blog.  Simply download the page, colour, and then create something fabulous with it. Don't forget to link it to the Blog Hop ..... we'd love to see it!

Have fun!

Because I had this brilliant idea last week, to move my craft room down to the ground floor ..... I'm a little late in joining in the fun .... but they do say better late than never.
I thought it would be an easy job taking everything downstairs .... let's face it there wasn't that much to move now was there ..... yeah right!   
Here's the new room in the process of coming together ...... 


Bookcases filling up nicely ......


Nearly there .... the old room being emptied ....... only one more desk to move


And the rest of the large unit .... home for some of my stamps


Anyway .... it's all done now.  Hubby and I did the lot and never argued once! Didn't drop anything either which was a bonus.

Everything's in it's new home ....... for now!  I'm sure I'll be moving stuff around for the next few days .... or weeks even, until I get really settled, but at least the old craft room is up and running again.  Just as well seeing as we start a new month tomorrow ..... all those new blog challenges.
It's too dark to take pictures now but I will share my new crafty space with you soon .... when it's tidy, I've been a little on the busy side today.

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day/evening (what's left of it) and I'll see you in September (that's tomorrow)

Cheerio until next time

1 comment:

Redanne said...

You have been busy! I cannot imagine moving my craft room, so well done! Love what you did with the colouring pages too - who would have thought you could do that! Anne xx