Thursday 12 May 2016

Back to normal .......

Hi there ..... I'm home!!

Happy Thursday to you.  Have you missed me?  No ..... I didn't think so.  I've missed you though.

The old craft room door is open again ...... can't get in there to do anything though, I can't see my desk!!!

I had a fabulous week and a bit across in the UK ...... the weather was great, the company couldn't have been better (thanks to Susan for putting up with me).  We had some nice days out, no doubt you've seen the pictures on Facebook ...... funny how I'm always eating cake!!!
We crafted, we shopped, we ate out quite a bit.
Port Sunlight was as good as always ........ the sun was shining and I got lots of new goodies to play with.  Thanks to my friend Maggie for bringing half of this stash home with her in the car!


It was so nice to see everyone ..... met up with some of my Design Team buddies for a good old chat, and finally got to introduce myself properly to Lucy and the Sweet Poppy crew.

Then on the Sunday I went to a fabulous workshop with the lovely Maria Simms (from the ClarityStamp DT)  We got all inky and messy with our projects .... right up my street.  Here's a little sneaky peek at what we got up to ......


Lots of paint, lots of mica.  Stencils and trinkets.  I believe it was a class originally taken by a very talented lady named Debbie Rock based on a beautiful gift that she made and gave to Maria.
I need to finish my project off and then you can see my version in full ....... another messy day in the old craft room coming up!!

Now it's all back to normal ....... my suitcase has been unpacked, the crafty haul is slowly finding its way into the old craft room, and I've finally got all the washing done!!
The house was tidy when I got home .... thanks to Lauren for that, however the mountain of ironing in the corner was not very welcoming!  And as the sun is still shining over here it's too nice to bother with it today!  Instead I'm going to look at booking flights for my next trip across .... did I mention I'm going on an Eileen Godwin workshop ...... whoo hoo!!!  OMG!!! I'm so excited ..... love this lady!!
While I was away it was announced that Eileen is travelling up north!!!  She's holding a workshop at the Craft Range over in Burnley ...... not that far from my buddy Susan.   Well of course we had to book on now didn't we .... would have been rude not too.  It's not until October so I've a little while to wait ... but I'm going!!!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day. Hope the sun is shining for you too
I'll be back tomorrow with a little bit of inspiration for the latest Craft Stamper Challenge ..... if I can find my workdesk that is!

Cheerio until next time

Linda 
xx

4 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Sounds like you've had a great time - and lots of fabulous crafting goodies - what more could a girl want.
Avril xx

Loll said...

Wish I could join you for the class with Eileen. I bet it's amazing and you will have a lot of fun. I love her artsy style! Looks like you had fun shopping. :) Lots of fun stuff to play with ... can't wait to see what you do with all the new schtuff! :) xx

LindaMalcolm said...

Loving the look of what you did 😊.....Glad you had a great time xxx can't wait to see what you show us next time xx

LindaMalcolm said...

Looks fabulous, love what you've done with the mica, can't wait to see what you show us next xx