Sunday 20 March 2016

Happy Special Birthday Kim! .....

Hi everyone,

I'm popping in today to wish my Happy Little Stampers team mate, the lovely Kim (Cupcakes, Cards and Kim)
 a VERY HAPPY SPECIAL BIRTHDAY (she's 60 today!)

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday dear Kim ......
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!

To mark this special occasion our HLS boss (aka the lovely Kylie) is hosting a Surprise Birthday Linky Party over on her blog .......



Here's my birthday card for you Kim ....... hope you've had a lovely day!


I've used the HLS Butterfly Birthday along with the Fun Birthday Sentiments.

There's quite a bit of masking gone on to create the background ...... using just two of the gorgeous butterflies from the stamp set


I decided to leave the butterflies without colour and I gave the background card that was still showing a wash of colour instead.


For the centre panel I stamped and embossed the sentiment in the middle and then applied Distress Inks over the top.
I blended the colours a little and then spritzed with water to give that splattered look


Using the same colours of Distress  I stamped more of the different sentiments over the rest of the card

On another piece of card, coloured with the same Distress Inks, I stamped the third butterfly from the set three times, and cut them out using the matching HLS dies
I then added these to the front of the card


So pretty ......


and I stamped some more butterflies on the inside to finish off .....


I hope you've had a special day Kim.  Your card is on it's way ..... sorry it's going to arrive late, but it means you can keep the celebrations going a little longer .... mwah! xx

If you'd like to join in the fun and wish Kim a Happy Birthday you can find the Linky over on Kylie's blog.  It will be open for 2 weeks so there's loads of time to join in.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

It's time to finish the weekend off with a nice gin and tonic I think, and a toast to my team mate ......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM!!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

6 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a gorgeous and stunning card. Lots of masking and hard work but so worth it. Loving the colours and how you've done the sentiments x

Darnell said...

Wow, Linda, this is a masking masterpiece!! Kim will love it! I am so impressed by all the work and care you put into this beautiful card!! Hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

How cool is that background for these colorful HLS butterflies to flit around on? Just the perfect way to say a special happy birthday on a milestone one! Kim will be so happy to see this! TFS

!neke said...

Love it !!!!!
And the inside , superb !

Ineke X

Redanne said...

Wow Linda, the masked butterfly background is stunning, I bet Kim is absolutely delighted with her card! Hugs, Anne xx

Kim Heggins said...

Linda...this is just so beautiful! I love all your wonderful butterflies, so much incredible detail on your card. Thank you so much for making my birthday so much fun!