Wednesday 6 May 2015

Opposite sides .......

 .... of the colour wheel that is!

Happy Wednesday folks!

Is it really the middle of the week already ...... I think we must still be celebrating my Chelsea boys winning the league at the weekend ...... Champions!! Champions!!!  (Sorry if you're not a football fan ..... we're just enjoying the win .... it's been a while!)

It's a busy week this week ..... and only 3 more sleeps, then it's time to board the ferry for my first sea crossing of the year (gulp!!)  I do hope this weather gets better ...... I think I've said before,  the Irish Sea is bumpy at the best of times.  I'd better get my sea legs ready!!

I'm playing along with this weeks challenge over at Less is More.  It's a Colour Week and the challenge is ......

to Use Opposite Colours on the Colour Wheel



I don't think I've ever used a colour wheel ..... I just put colours together, if they look OK .... great!  If not .... try again.

Looking at it again, I'm not exactly sure my colours are direct opposites ..... purple and lime.  My lime green is not as lime as it should either, but, it's the best I could get!! See what you think


I'm still trying to play with new stash (before I go and add even more at the weekend!!)  This time I've used the gorgeous new stamp from Penny Black .... Gentle Whisper .... and I love it!!

It's a lovely large stamp .... I've only used part of the image for my design.  Inked using purple and green Memento colours and stamped onto white cardstock


I masked off the bottom edge before stamping my image, and then masked off the top before adding a little shading using a green Distress ink. I finished off with a few ink splats using the purple Memento and a little water.

A sentiment underneath ........ and jobs done!


And of course a little something on the inside ....


I must admit that this was the second attempt .... usual thing ..... tiny mark appears from nowhere on the finished card (arghhh!!)  
I wasn't going to throw the spoiled one away though ..... it was too pretty to waste.  So .... a piece of co-ordinating ribbon to cover the mark, a sentiment added a little lower down, and voila! .....


a pretty little note card ....... two in fact .... I was trying out other colour choices


How gorgeous is that orchid in pink!


Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.  The sun is actually making an appearance as we speak .... let's hope he stays around for a while.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

18 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Stunning, elegant and beautiful Linda.
I love both colour ways and all the attention to detail inside is perfect too.
Great image and stamping.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Both beautiful cards and I love the colour combinations :)

Bonnie said...

All of these are gorgeous, Linda! Good job of covering up! That splat elf visits me quite often.

Veerle said...

Love your LiM card Linda. My green wasn't exactly either but i too had to use what i had on hand. And just like you i actually never use the colour wheel either. If it fits it fits if not too bad LOL
Hugs
Veerle x

Craftychris said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards! xxx

AlisonC said...

Gorgeous stamp and beautiful cards. The colours are lovely. Well done for saving the first one. If I had a pound for every time I'd ruined one with an ink splodge...

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous cards Linda, that's a lovely stamp.
Enjoy your trip to Happy Stampers - I won't say don't spend too much!
Avril xx

Unknown said...

Love all 3 cards. Karen x

Diane said...

Oh what gorgeous stamped images and design Linda.

Hugs Diane

Becca Cruger said...

You are amazing at masking! This card is so springy and I love how the inside is just as elegant as the outside.

shirley-bee said...

Good rescue, and they're both fab! Hope the Irish Sea is good to you - might bump into you on Saturday :)

Neets B said...

Oh wow, that stamp is gorgeous, another to add to the wishlist! I love your soft green blending with both of these colours, and the gentle ink splats add just enough of something extra.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More GD

Gio said...

Both card are super lovely! The pink one is my fave, gorgeous contrast.

Kathyk said...

Simply beautiful and I love that you did the inside too

Kathyk

Linby said...

These are beautiful, I love how you used the stamp and the masking.
Inside looks fab too.
Linbyx

Loll said...

Beautiful design, image and colour combos Linda! Love how you've used just the partial of this gorgeous stamp ... need to buy this one now!! :) xx

One Scrappy Gal said...

Oh my! I don't think I would have ever thought of masking off the rest of the stamp like that! It is simply gorgeous! TFS!

Daria said...

These are beautiful! I love the way you stamped must a portion of the stamp. Thank you for sharing the details.