Friday 15 May 2015

Feeling inspired .....

Happy Friday to you!

Are you all looking forward to the weekend ....... I know I am!  I'm hoping to spend some time with one of my purchases from my little trip into town the other day ........


Yes ..... I've bought myself a colouring book .....as it says on the front ......for grown-ups!!!
Although I doubt whether I will get time to play over the weekend ...... we've got the little man.  His mummy's having a weekend away in the lovely Lake District ...... alright for some!! (She's under strict orders to bring me back some Grasmere Gingerbread ...... she'd better not forget!)

Speaking of colouring .......I have been playing with my Spectrum Noir pencils lately and I must say I do like them.  I only have two of the sets ..... at the moment, but I think I'm going to have to get the rest of them ..... soon, especially if I get going with the colouring book.

Anyhow ...... I was recently inspired by an article from March's edition of Craft Stamper, by the very talented Kay Carley, on how to use the Spectrum Noirs .....


How gorgeous are these ........ using JOFY stamps onto Core-dinations cardstock.


Well ...seeing as how I had most of the products Kay had used I thought I'd give it a go.  Here's the result of an afternoon spent with my crafty buddies on one of our weekly get togethers, following Kay's step by steps .......


I used the beautiful Flourish stencil from Tim Holtz, to create the background ..... Milled Lavender Distress Ink onto the same shade of Core-dinations cardstock


Used the leaf stencil to draw round using a black fine liner pen, and stamped the JOFY flowers with Black Archival ink.

Then it was the fun part ..... adding the colour.  These pens blend so well ..... I started with the lightest shade first, all over the petals, then built up the colour gradually, using darker shades, one layer at a time ......


The white highlights are from a white gel pen, and I finished off by adding a little something on the inside .....


Not bad eh ..... thanks to the lovely Kay Carley of course!
The Spectrum Noirs are one of my favourite ways of adding colour at the moment ...... I'll definitely be using them more often.

Well that's it from me ........ Hubby's got the day off so I think we're off out.  We may just stop off somewhere nice for a spot of lunch, before we have to get the little man from pre-school at 3.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy your weekend, whatever you have planned.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

4 comments:

Maria Moorhouse said...

This is beautiful Linda, I must dig that magazine out (if I've got it) I love the pencils too. Thank you to Kay and to you for the inspiration!
Looking forward to seeing you on 23rd! X

Loll said...

The technique you tried is really beautiful Linda. I don't have Spectrum Noir pens, but it's something I need to think about getting. I have a few copics, but have stopped collecting them because of the price. I love the idea of colouring over top of coloured card stock. Brilliant!! Have a wonderful weekend with your little man! :) xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, the colouring on your card looks fabulous. I don't have these but have thought about them as the results always look good.
Hope you've had a great weekend.
Avril xx

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love the way you've used the stencils, Linda! A beautiful blend of purple delight!