Sunday 31 August 2014

That's it ...... I'm done!

Hello again .....

Well I made it ... just about - phew!  All jobs done that need to be done (well ..... almost!)
How's your Sunday been?

The last day of the month just wouldn't be the same if I wasn't up against the clock to get my tag done for the 12 Tags of 2014, now would it!!

This month there wasn't really a theme to follow, or a new technique to try.   We've been encouraged to create something showcasing our own creative muse ..... hmmmm!

This was the tag from the master himself .......... you can find out all about the thought behind this and see how it was put together over on Tim's blog


And here's mine ...... not sure quite where I was going with this but ....... see what you think


It was a case of what I could lay my hands on today!
I did use Tim's idea of using the tissue tape as a surface to stamp onto, and used the pretty Flutterby Butterfly from IndigoBlu as my main image


I added some texture using a couple of stencils and some texture paste (again taking this idea from Tim) ....... the stripes


and also the Harlequin design


I then coloured my tag using Distress Stains ..... Wild Honey, Fired Brick, Ripe Persimmon and Bundled Sage ..... quite an autumnal mix I think.

I added a few rub ons here and there and a touch of Fran-tage embossing powder


The words are from the Stampers Anonymous Just Thoughts stamp set (CMS078).  I've just cut into the sentiment and arranged the words to fit the tag


I think I need to pause a little ...... what happened to August?!!!!
Not that September is going to be any different ...... so far I've 2 trips to the UK planned.  One's a week of crafty fun, the other a trip to London with hubby.
Hubby's parents are coming over to the island for a visit in-between those trips.  It's Alex's 4th birthday (where has that time gone!) and there's the island's Food and Drink Festival to look forward too ..... always a great weekend!  As well as all the usual stuff.  So ...... another quiet month then!  Bring it on!!

Thanks for popping by ....... see you in September!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

2 comments:

laurie said...

I love the texture and elements on your card!

Mrs.B said...

Love your take on Tim's tag Linda - that's a beautiful butterfly, love the pen nib body. The touch of frantage looks fabulous.
Avril xx