Monday 25 March 2013

Keep Warm and Craft!

Hellooooo,

Not quite 100%, but I'm getting there.  The nasty tummy bug that hitched a ride home with me last weekend has finally moved out - I think! (I hope!).

After my 4 day crafty-licious long weekend, I spent most of last week fit for nothing.   I generously passed the bug on to the other half though, (I'm nice like that, I was brought up to share), so I also played nursemaid for a couple of days (he was far worse than I was though - of course!!)
Anyway, Stephen's gone back to work today, I've got Lauren and my delicious Grandson Alex to keep me busy for a couple of days ........ it's wear a silly hat day today ........
And I've got lots of new craft goodies to play with later in the week. Yes, I'm feeling better, finally.

I did do my regular DT posts last week - Indigo Blu and Creative Studios but that was about it. 
I did have a fabulous trip across to the UK though - I always do.  When I get over we just carry on from where we left off -  it's like I've never been away. 

The Indigo Blu Retreat was so much fun.  Watch out on the website for dates of the next one. 
Look at our posh aprons ........ part of our Goody Bag this time.
Here we are, busy in Sarah's workshop - art journaling.  I only managed 4 pages, must have been doing too much of the old chit-chatting!! 
Not having tried this before, I wasn't quite sure where I was going with it.  Now I've made a start though, I just want to carry on.

We also made this beautiful box frame with Sarah, using the In Stitches stamp set from Indigo Blu ......




The second day was spent with Kay, creating this gorgeous frame ........

We did so many different techniques throughout the day.  More details can be found in my DT post.

We did think (or hoped) we were going to get snowed in on the Thursday but unfortunately the snow didn't stick!  Just as well really, as we wouldn't have got to Harrogate then I suppose.

It was lovely to see everyone at the GNPE, old friends and new ones.  It was nice to finally meet up with Blog and Facebook friends - Avril, Jane, and Linda.  Sorry to have missed a few of you that were there - next time!!  I'm terrible though, I never spot people in a crowd unless they're two inches from my face.  Too busy chatting again I think. 
We had a lovely day, spent a fortune as usual then off we went over to Diane Reavley's place - Art from the Heart (well, it would have been rude not to, seeing as I'd gone all that way)
I had to have the new colours in the Dylusions inks, and the Tim Holtz stamps are a set I've been after for ages and somehow they found their way into my shopping basket.  Oh well, broke again!  Need to start saving up now for Ally Pally.  We're off down there 2 weeks on Friday so I've not got long!  I'll never be rich, but at least I'll have loads of stuff to keep me busy.

It's nice to be back in the land of Blog again - I've missed you all.   Hopefully I can get back in the old craft room this week and then I'll have something to blog about.

Thanks for popping by today, it's nice to know you haven't forgotten me. 
Take care, and stay warm.  Our snow has nearly all gone but I know some parts of the UK have still got it bad.  Keep Warm and Craft is what I say.

Cheerio for now

Linda
x

2 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, loving your gorgeous makes! Looked out for you at Harrogate but missed you. We met Kay yesterday at the NEC though and saw the tray you all made, in real life - wow, wow, wow - loved the little bird you all made especially. Good to hear that you are feeling much better. Hugs, Anne x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, Glad to hear you're feeling lots better.
Great to meet up at Harrogate, and sounds like you have a fab 4 days - gorgeous makes from IndigoBlu.
Avril xx