Thursday 21 March 2013

It's only words ........

Happy Thursday everyone!

Yes, I'm back from my latest crafty adventure ........ more about all that later.

Wow!  What a fabulous response we had to the first Indigo Blu Forever 21 Blog Challenge.  Thank you so much to everyone that took part, we had some stunning entries.  Well done to all of you, but as you know there can only be one winner.   Mr random.org did his magic stuff last night, and the number he came up with was ..... number 7

Congratulations! to Minxy ....... our first winner.  You're going to be getting your hands on that mahoosive prize.  Enjoy all your goodies.

Now on to this months challenge.  The theme for the Forever 21 Challenge #2 is .......

Same rules as last time .....

Entry must feature Indigo Blu stamps only
Only one entry per person
Enter the challenge via Mr Linky at the bottom of the blog post - challenge closes at 8.00pm on the 20th April
Winner will be chosen at random by random.org
Simples!

Here's what I came up with, hopefully to give you a little inspiration .......

For those of you that follow my blog, you'll already know I love my tags.  And, a current favourite thing I like to do, is to add the hinged bit at the bottom. 
My inspiration for this project came from an article by the lovely Hels Sheridan, in the March edition of Craft Stamper Magazine.
I loved the bright colours that she used - not what I would usually put together so I thought I'd give it a go.

I cut my tag shape from a piece of manilla cardstock (approx. 3.5inches by 7inches).  It's then been coloured using Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon and Picket Fence Distress Stains.  The colours have been put onto a craft sheet then the tag has been swiped through the inks to create a marbled effect.

Once this was dry I stamped the background, using the script from Sarah's Choice in Picked Raspberry Distress ink, and the Itsy Bitsy Backgrounds stamped in Black Archival.
I stamped the bottom of the tag with the gorgeous lace stamp from the Mr Darcy set, again in black.

I then cut the bottom 2 inches off the tag and punched three holes, for the jump rings.

From the main part of the tag I cut out a heart using one of the Tim Holtz Alterations Movers and Shapers dies.  I covered a piece of white card with some of the Washi tape and placed it behind the cut out, to add a bit more interest.

My words came from the new 'B.F.F.' stamp set.  I've taken the 'friendship' sentiment and stamped it, using the Flitter Glu and Flakes, onto black card.  I've then cut out the two large words.  The stamping onto the white card was a little more tricky because there's no room to cut around the words.  You need to stamp this a couple of times, and the easiest way is to ink your stamp using markers.  That way you only ink the words you need, leaving lots of space to cut them out.

I stamped my favourite image from the Mr Darcy set, and added a touch of colour to her using the same Distress colours from earlier ............ isn't she pretty!
A paper flower in her hair, a bit of matting and layering, and the odd spot of doodling with a white gel pen finishes off the tag. 
Ialso coloured some vintage seam binding with the Distress Stains so that my ribbon would match the tag perfectly.

Why not pop over to the DT Blog for more fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Indigo Blu Belles.

Feeling inspired?  You have until 8.00pm on 20th April to get your entries in. Good luck!

There's another fabulous prize up for grabs.  This time it's your choice of Indigo Blu stamps - wow!
You can choose one of the following options .....
1.   2 large stamp plates (A5 size)
2.   4 small stamp plates (A6 size)  or
3.   1 large and 2 small stamp plates

How good is that!   Happy crafting!

Linda
x

3 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the design and colours.xxx

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, your tag is gorgeous, the colours are so beautiful and your stamping is, as ever, wonderful. Love that image from the Mr Darcy set and also how you picked up the checkerboard pattern in the background. A real beauty! Hugs, Anne x

PS - Congrats to Minxy for winning that amazing prize...

Zippy said...

Gorgeous tag and love the colours xxx