Wednesday 9 January 2013

Middle of the week already .....

Hi everyone,

And a big 'Hello' to Kim, my latest follower.  I'm so pleased that my numbers are still growing,  it's great to have you along for the journey.

It's so nice to get back into the crafty swing of things.  Now that Stephen is back at work I can spend as much time as I like in the old craft room and not feel guilty.

I've had a busy couple of days what with Wedding Invites to do - I must admit these are getting done in short bursts.  They're not complicated or anything too fancy but doing the same thing over, and over, and over again is not good.  Especially when there's so much other stuff I have to do too.  A girl can easily get distracted, but more about that later.  They don't have to be finished until the middle of February so there's no immediate rush.

It's the beginning of a new year, and the beginning of a new month and that means one thing over at Less is More  - a Colour Challenge.
This time the girls have chosen one of my all time favourite colour combinations .........

BLACK and WHITE
with an added touch, splash, hint, suggestion, dab, or patch of a COLOUR of our choice

Here's what I came up with .......
Black and White, with a hint of pink.
 
The Vase and the Roses stamps are both by Clarity.  
The vase was stamped first and then I made a couple of masks, one to cover the vase whilest I stamped the roses, so that they actually look as though they are in the vase.  Then another one to cover the outside of the vase whilest I coloured it with a touch of Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.
I did a little bit of shading underneath, to ground the vase, using a piece of copy paper, Smokey Grey Versafine Ink and a make-up sponge. 
The sentiment is from a clear set of stamps which I think are from Stampendous.
A really quick and easy, but very pretty looking card, I think. 

Well, that's one off the list of many cards I have to make in January.  
Here's a sneaky peek at another one ........


You'll find all the details for this one, later today, over on the Indigo Blu DT Blog (no prizes for guessing whose stamps I've used on this one).

Speaking of Indigo Blu, my postie brought me a box of brand new goodies yesterday.  Oh, my goodness!  All you IB fans, watch this space.  Are you in for a treat or what!  New stamps, new stuff to alter ....... oops! I've said too much I think, I'll be getting into trouble.  (This was the reason I got distracted from the Wedding Invites)

On that note, I'd better be off to the old craft room.  It's playtime, sorry, I mean time to get to work.
Enjoy your day, I know I'm going to.

Thanks for popping by.

Linda
x

12 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful card....gorgeous image .xxx

Jenni's Jems said...

Gorgeous card and the blush of pink on the vase finishes it beautifully ! x

Redanne said...

I really love your LIM cards, they always look so elegant, love those Clarity stamps too. The sneak peek is looking lovely too, off to have a look. Hugs, Anne x

Elaine said...

Very elegant card - love the touch of pink!!

Aileen said...

Very elegant. x

Jo Rice said...

Hope the wedding invitations are going well Linda. Love your Less is More card, the touch of pink finishes it off perfectly. Enjoy your play with your new goodies....I know you will. X

Chrissie said...

This is really pretty Linda... what a lovely stamp. I hope the wedding invites get finished soon!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Darnell said...

You've made a winning card in my book, Linda. LOVE!!

Unknown said...

cute and elegant

Sheel
x

Kathyk said...

Beautiful card and the worn lipstick is the perfect complement to your design

Kathyk

Anne said...

How pretty, that touch of colour on the vase is perfect

Jen Nelson said...

pretty card

Sorry for my late visit!Thanks for Joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"