Thursday 31 January 2013

January Blues

Morning everyone,

I can't believe January is nearly over with, and, my blog is a year old!  Where did that time go?!  Happy Birthday Blog (it was actually a few days ago - but who's counting!) 
This is post number 200 and I've enjoyed sharing every single one of them with you.  I still find it hard to believe that so many of you enjoy reading my little old blog.  I love reading all the comments you leave, and I really enjoy stalking following you guys too. Thank you so much for keeping me company on my crafty journey.

As usual I'm on the last minute with my entry for the current Penny Black Saturday Challenge.
This month's theme is ......
JANUARY BLUES!

Don't worry it's not about being all sad and miserable, it's just they want us to use mainly blue tones on our creations.
As always, rules apply ...... only Penny Black images can be used, large sentiments and Stickeroos included.

Here's mine ......
Tea for two ..... all in blue!
Well, it's definitely blue!  I must say, it's not a colour I tend to use a lot, not for the whole card anyway.  I do like how this turned out though.

The background paper is from Magnolia, and is called 'Something Blue'.  The band across the centre was done using the PB 'clique' stamp (3858E) and Stormy Sky Distress Ink.
The main image is PB 'Tea Cozy' (1680J), stamped and coloured using Copic pens.  It's then been cut out and layered using Nestabilities dies (what did we do before we had these!?)
The tiny little sentiment on the tag is an extra, I thought it went with the stamp.  It's from the Stampin Up! Tea Shoppe set.

To finish everything off I added a couple of  Memory Box die cut flourishes, some paper roses and a pretty organza bow.
The main sentiment on the large tag is also a PB stamp - ..... special treasures (3629E).

Well, only one more day to go before hubby is home - I have missed him!   I hope these strong winds die down a little before Friday though, otherwise he's going to have a bit of a BuMpY flight.

Off to put the kettle on now.  A nice cup of Earl Grey I think, before I head off to the old craft room.

Thanks for popping by again.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio for now

Linda
x

3 comments:

LauraVi said...

What a beautiful card!
Now I am your follower
www.vive-lavi.blogspot.com

Redanne said...

I love your beautiful card Linda, I do love blue and you have used it so well, love the Magnolia paper. We had thunder and lightening last night so looking forward to a quieter one tonight! Hugs, Anne x

Anonymous said...

Oh it's lovely! And yes, Nesties, what was my life like without them, lol!!

Hugs
Brenda