Wednesday 2 January 2013

It's 2013!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! everyone,

Hope you had a good one.  It was just Stephen and I on New Year's Eve, a nice meal, bottle of champagne and a Batman movie. 
We watched Big Ben chime in 2013 on the TV, and saw the fireworks in London which I thought were spectacular by the way.
We've actually been there on New Year's Eve, a few years ago, and the atmosphere is amazing. It's a bit chilly, but well worth it.

My crafting year got off to a good start.  I found out yesterday that I'm amongst the winners again on Tim's 12 Tags - whoo hoo!!  Can't quite believe it, twice in one year. I'm absolutely thrilled.  So, it was time for another little dance around the house. 
The fun starts all over again this month, and I can't wait to get started

I'm slowly getting back into the mood for crafting.  I've made a start on the many cards I need in January - well, I've done one!

It's Lauren's 21st this year - where did that time go!?!!   I thought I'd try and do a 'two for one' here and come up with something for the latest challenge over at Less is More

It's Week 99-100 (a two week challenge), and its a Recipe week.
The girls have chosen .......
DRINKS
.......... very appropriate I thought, with it being the festive season and all that. Although it dosen't just mean alcohol, it can be tea, coffee water etc.
Anyhow, here's mine .....
It's not quite how I intended it to be.  This year is starting how last year finished - nothing going right!

I used the Penny Black stamp ' Bubble of Joy' (2098H).  I love this little guy sitting on the champagne cork.
The image is coloured with Copic pens and the metal cage around the cork, or the egrafe to give it it's proper name, has been highlighted with a Sakura Stardust pen.  The little guy on top has been layered for a bit of dimension and the bubble has had a coating of Glossy Accents and some Diamond Dust on top.
I added a few more bubbles and some tiny gems for a bit of sparkle.
I'd more or less finished the card when out of nowhere, came the dreaded black ink mark, right on the bottom - argggghhhh!!!!  I really didn't want to start it all again so the scalloped borders are a last minute addition (to cover up the splodge!).   Not sure if I'm 100% happy with it, but I'll leave it for now.

Well,  I've made a start on the next chapter of my crafty adventure.  Who knows what 2013 is going to bring.   
I do hope you'll continue with me on the journey, it's so much nicer to share it with friends.

Cheerio for now.  I'll be back tomorrow with a couple more 'drinks' themed cards.

Enjoy your evening.

Linda
 x

6 comments:

Darnell said...

I think the scalloped patterned paper is perfect touch - no one would have known, Linda. Such a great fun image for the occasion and for the LIM challenge! It's a winner in my book!

Actually the same smooge thing happened to me on the card that I'll be posting later today - I just cut down the image to cut out the booboo, but it sure changed my whole layout plan! Oh well, it helps me let go of the ridiculous notion that I'm in control of anything!!

I'm glad you and Stephen had a lovely, cozy New Year's. I think the rush and frenzy of the holiday makes the New Year seem so welcome and it's wonderful to have a brand new slate.

Okay, I'm too chatty; I'm not playing WOYWW today so that must be why! We had the twinks and I'm heading off to a ladies lunch to meet some online friends! Can't wait!

Have a wonderful week and Happy 21st Birthday to Lauren!!

Jo Rice said...

Oh Wow, Well Done on winning with your Timmy Tag....I am so chuffed for you , so I have done the happy dance around my living room ( yes, Tess joined in )
I love the stamped image on your card, you really do have some fab stamps....I need to play catch up......Hugs. X

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, the scalloped borders were a great idea because they finish the card off so nicely. You have joined the 'two wins' club - yay! Nice to win once but two is just amazing isn't it? Can't wait to start the January tag but don't have much of what is required. Hugs, Anne x

Jen Nelson said...

sweet card linda

Thanks for joining us
Sorry for the late visit...
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Chrissie said...

This is a real sweetie... just love that mouse!
Thanks so much and Happy New Year!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Rosmarie said...

What a lovely card! I love this little mouse, as she sits on the cork! Perhaps already a bit tipsy?...

Rosi x