Thursday 24 January 2013

Happy Thursday

Hi there,

It's not been a bad day so far, considering I'm suffering with a cold.  I must admit I did go back to bed for a while this morning.  Got Stephen off to work, had my echinacea, then I grabbed my laptop and spent most of the morning checking emails, reading blogs, FB and Pinterest.  Well I need to keep up with what's going on!

Oooh!  And look what my Postie brought me .......
the full set of Seasonal Distress stains - oooh!  My prize from being one of the winners with my December tag -  12 Tags of 2012.
And .......
a lovely little parcel from AFTH.  But what's inside ............?

THESE!!! .......
....... the first of my new Timmie stamps - whoo hoo!  They'll have to wait though,  I really need to get these Wedding invites finished.

I have squeezed in a couple of blog challenges this week.  Here's my Less is More entry .......

It's Week 103 and it's a THEME week, all to do with
FRIENDS

My card is very CAS (lots of white space).  I've used the Star Gazing stamp from Lavinia, added a moon using a mask and some Distress ink, and the 'Friends forever' sentiment which is from a PB clear set. Mat the whole thing onto some black cardstock and Voila! A touch of fine glitter on their wings adds a little bit of  sparkle.  Well, you can't have fairies without 'fairy' dust can you?!

It's my son's birthday today - he's 23!  Happy Birthday Chris.  (January's an expensive month for us!)
Here's his birthday card .....
(full details and a closer look can be found on the Creative Studios DT Blog)

We're off out again this evening.  We're finally going to Tanroagan - I've only been waiting ever since we came to the island (2 years in May!) to try this restaurant.  Apparently, it's one of the best places to eat on the Isle of Man.  I'll let you know.  I love seafood!.   I just hope my cold doesn't get any worse or I won't be able to taste anything, which would be a shame as there's lobster on the menu!

Enjoy the rest of your day.  Thanks for spending time with me.

Cheerio for now

Linda
x

12 comments:

Jen Nelson said...

love the little fairy stamp Linda!!

those goodies look fab!

Thanks for joining us
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Kathyk said...

Two fab cards - your LIM is superb and I really like the themed card too

Kathyk

Anne said...

Wow what fab goodies came in the post for you! Love those fairies. Hope you enjoy your meal

Viv said...

Two lovely cards, great LIM one esp., I do love those fairies :) Viv xx

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, lots and lots of lovely goodies there to play with, loving the new stamps. Both cards are beautiful. Hope the meal goes well and that you feel better soon. Hugs, Anne x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, Glad to hear you had a great weekend.
Two great cards, Love the LIM image.
Lucky you with the new goodies, bet it felt like your birthday too.
Avril xx

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, first of all. Happy Birthday Chris, hope you have had a great day , and meal tonight.. Love your less is more card and I am so impressed that you keep up with these blog challenges. Miss our chats....must catch up soon. X

Chrissie said...

What a gorgeous image...a super card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Darnell said...

Hi Linda,

I've had a fun visit catching up on your week! Happy Belated Birthdays to Lauren and Chris. Both cards are amazing!! It sounds like you had a really fun weekend with them - great photo!! I keep saying "enjoy your day" 'cause don't they just wheeze by?! Wheeze by? LOL! I must have been thinking about your cold, which I hope is better.

I finally got a chance to show Mister where you are on the IOM. He is a HUGE fan of the Big Race, as you can imagine with his love of motorcycles. It is amazing to watch the videos with the people sitting or standing right THERE practically ON the road! Gives me the willies!

Take care! Darnell

Darnell said...

P.S. Forgot to say I love your "friend" card for LIM!

Aileen said...

Hope you enjoyed your dinner. Two lovely cards. x

Stempelomi said...

oh what a lovely fairy-friend-card!