Monday 3 September 2012

2 Challenges with 1 card

Happy Monday everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.  Mine was a little bit on the busy side (no surprise there then!) but I did manage to get quite a bit done.  Even squeezed in a craft workshop on Saturday which was nice.

Thank you for all your lovely comments last week, I did try and catch up with everyone at some point.  That's the trouble with going away I miss all your fabulous posts, but I'm trying my best to get up to date with you all, eveyone's been so busy, there's so much gorgeous stuff to see!

Well it's the start of a new month, and I've found a new Blog Challenge, over on the Ladybug Crafts Blog.  It only started this month, and you know me, I do like a challenge. 
I came across this one on Eileen's Crafty Zone whilst I was catching up with her posts last week.  Eileen is one of the DT members for the Challenge so I thought I'd pop over and see what it was all about.  To begin with it's a monthly challenge starting on the 1st of each month.
Ladybug Crafts also have an online store which looks fab - already got my eye on a couple of things (as if I haven't spent enough recently!!!) 

But, if you enter the Blog Challenge you could win a £15 voucher to spend on the site - sound good?  Why not join me and give it a go, looks like fun. 

It's their first challenge and the theme is 'Anything Goes' which means we can do anything we like.  You can enter up to 3 times and it can be a card, scrapbook layout, altered art, anything as long as you've crafted it yourself.
Here's mine .....
I did this with another Blog Challenge in mind too (2 birds with 1 stone so to speak), that's why it's pink!
The idea for this came from a design I did on a workshop a couple of years ago, run by the lovely Sarah McCrossan. Whenever I'm struggling to come up with an idea I always look back on Sarah's designs and she always manages to inspire me.  As I was running out of time for one challenge a little push in the right direction was needed.
I used the Tim Holtz 'Papillon' stamp set and three shades of pink Distress Inks - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and the summer shade Picked Raspberry.
I inked through a stencil first with the Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick then over stamped the text background with the darker shade.  I added the butterflies and a bit more text, on top of that using the Picked Raspberry.
The text background was stamped again, this time onto acetate using white Stazon, then cut down to size to fit over the top of the of the pink version.  I used eyelets in the corners to attach it.
The butterflies were also done again onto acetate, in white.  These were then cut out and attached onto the acetate layer over where the pink ones had been stamped. 
The sentiment is from a lovely Chocolate Baroque stamp set called 'Butterfly Dreams'.  I added a little bit of pink bakers twine and a tiny gemstone  just to finish everything off.

I'm also entering this into Challenge #2 over at In the Pink.  The girls have given us the theme of Things with Wings, I think this fits the category, don't you.

Thanks for popping by today.  I'll be back later in the week to fill you in on what we got up to on the recent Indigo Blu Secret Retreat.  But first I have loads of DT work to do, so must dash.

Bye for now
Linda
x

6 comments:

G Peplow said...

Woah, fabulous card Linda, love all the layering, well done, it's just perfect for in the pink :0) Gay x

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, if it has a butterfly on it then I will generally like it, but this is just stunning. You have made the butterflies look so delicate and beautiful, which they are of course. I love your card, a lot........Crafty hugs, Anne x

Christine L said...

Hi Linda

Your card is fabulous and your sentiment perfect for it.... those butterflies are beautiful and perfect for our 'Things with Wings'!

Thank you for joining in the fun at In the Pink.... hope to see you again soon!

Hugs
Christine x
ITP

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, LOVE the techniques you have used on this little 'pink' creation.
Avril xx

Vick said...

Hi There Linda

Wow i love your creation its stunning and i thought i would pop by and also thankyou for taking part in the challenge at Ladybug Crafts first challenge, Good Luck honey and please join us again next month! Hugs Vick xx
the-artful-codger.blogspot.com
My YTChannels vixcrafts & saturatedcanary

Aileen said...

So pretty, soft and delicate. x