Friday 22 June 2012

Rain Rain Go Away ........

Happy Friday everyone,

Welcome to my two new followers.  Thank you so much for taking an interest in my blog, it's nice to know enjoy reading it.

Well, yesterday's idea of not going into town because it was raining a little bit was NOT a good one.  I'm soaked!  It's a terrible day here, the rain is lashing down and it's windy with it.   So much for Summer eh!
I was in the post office this morning and a lady in front of me was discussing the weather.  She said the forecast for today had been light showers, but what the weatherman didn't say was these would be in between the heavy ones (LOL!).

Well, that's enough about the weather.  I'm back home and drying off nicely, and my jobs are all done - yeah!  Hopefully cards will be delivered in time for birthdays etc., next week.  I've done my bit, now it's up to the Royal Mail.

I was actually looking for something new to wear, we're supposed to be off out tomorrow on some work thing  (that's so not happening if the weather's like this).  But, could I find anything, not a chance! I didn't really know what I was looking for which didn't help.  In the end I just gave up.  I did buy a lovely new bag - as if I need one of those.  It is pretty though, what do you think .........

I like it anyway,  it's my little bit of summer.
 
I also picked up a couple of crafty bits, well it would have been rude not to.

The canvas is something I'm doing for Lauren to give as a gift, I'll keep you posted on that one if it turns out ok.  And, is that a Timmie die there too ....... oops! Well I didn't have this particular one in my stash, and when you see things like this over here you have to get them.  Craft stuff just isn't that readily available on the island - papercraft that is.  Thank goodness for the internet is all I can say!

Well I'm off to have a play with my new Distress Inks now, and make a start on that canvas.  Hmm ... maybe I can combine the two, I'll have a think about that one.

Have a lovely weekend.  I'll be back on Monday with something crafty to show you - hopefully!

Bye for now, stay dry indoors and craft!

Linda
x


4 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...well the bag is to die for, it's sooo pretty, the colour combo of the butterflies on the light canvas background is a perfect contrast and the soft brown leather straps just perfect...great taste Linda...Mel :)
Thanks for your loVely comments they mean a lot :)

Teresa said...

Hi Linda, just found your blog whilst blog hopping I saw a little picture of this gorgeous bag and I had to follow it lol, as you can tell I'm addicted to bags too. Hope the weather picks up for your work thing :o)
Teresa x

Teresa said...

...also forgot to say I just love the name of your blog, brilliant idea! x

Zippy said...

Hi Linda, thank you for visiting my blog! Just love the bag, its the sort of thing I would just have to buy myself! xxx