Tuesday 6 March 2018

Hello ......

Happy Tuesday evening  ......

Sorry I'm late .......

Well that's another birthday over.
I had a lovely day yesterday. Thank you to everyone for their best wishes, cards and gifts.  As always I've been well and truly spoiled ...... with flowers, chocolates, jewellry amongst other things, and a meal out last night which we hadn't planned which was nice .

Anyhow .... birthday's over now (although the celebrations will probably go on for a few more days!)
It is however time for another challenge ..... a little bit of Mixed Media this time for Happy Little Stampers


I'm really in my CAS phase ..... what that really means is I'm still getting used to the new craft room. In other words, I can't find a flippin thing!!  And when I do  .... it's not exactly what I was looking for.  Oh well, I will get sorted .... eventually!

My take on this months challenge is not about lots of layers .... or getting messy with inks or paint.  There's not even an embellishment on there .... CAS like I said


I've used watercolour card, ZIG markers, rubber stamping and as you can see .... die cutting.

I sprayed the card with a little water before applying the colours using my ZIG markers.  I simply scribbled a little colour onto the wet card and then used a brush to spread it around and give this pretty watercolour effect


Because the cardstock was already wet the colours moved around very easily and blended so well.
I did add one colour at a time and allowed each one to dry a little before adding the next, so as not to mix the colours together but to blend them gradually

Once it was dry I die cut the word Hello from the coloured card and again from plain white, layering the letters together before inlaying the word back into the cardstock

A little stamped sentiment finishes off the front .....


and I used the same colouring technique on the inside .....


There's another $20 Gift Certificate for the challenge winner, and don't forget if the winner uses HLS stamps in their project ...... then the prize goes to $40!!

Happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by ... enjoy the rest of your day.
 
It's another busy week here, what with challenges, DT commitments, preparing for something special happening next week (oooh .....wonder what that can be ........ are there some new stamps being released perhaps .... hint! hint!) and ....... I've got a workshop at the weekend. 
And it is my birthday week ......  there's not enough days to fit everything in!

Plus another birthday present turned up today .... and I'm dying to have a play.  Nothing for the craft room but it's going to be fun ...... I hope.
Did I mention I'd asked hubby for a new food mixer for my birthday ....... well look what's found its way into my kitchen ......


 I'm going to have to treat myself to some new bakeware now I think .....


and find time to use it.  It's a while since I've done any baking!

Cheerio until next time ....

1 comment:

Loll said...

Loving your CAS mixed media card Linda!! The inlaid die-cutting with your rainbow watercolouring is a perfect match. This card just pops with the black framing and stamped sentiment.

Lucky you!! Aren't you going to have fun with your new kitchen toy!! Good to hear you had a wonderful birthday and that you'll continue to celebrate for a while longer. Happy Birthday month!! xx