Wednesday 21 March 2018

CAS Watercolour Challenge .....

Happy Wednesday ......

I can't believe we're in the middle of the week already ...... there's too much to do!!!!
It doesn't help when my laptop is running sooooo slowwww ..... I think it's hibernating!
It took all day Monday before I could actually log in and do anything. I'm not exaggerating there ...... literally all day.
I tried to log on first thing .... nothing.  So I switched it off and re-booted.  Still nothing ....... just the little circle of dots to say it was thinking about doing something.   So ...... after a few choice words I just left it.  Patience is what hubby says I need.   PATIENCE!!!!!  A new flippin' laptop is what I say I need!!
Anyway ...... I went out for the day and forgot about the troublesome laptop.  I had a lovely catch up and lunch with a friend, followed by a bit of retail therapy.  We took advantage of the nice weather and ventured up to the north .... to Ramsey!  My favourite shop is up there so I had a lovely time!
Hubby has since said that I can have a new laptop ..... yeah!  Now I just need to decide which one!
Some research needed over the weekend I think.

I'm playing along with the CAS Watercolour challenge today .... there's a couple of days left before the deadline.  The theme this month is ......


There's not much going on in our garden yet ..... a couple of daffodils here and there, but that's pretty much it at the moment.  Hopefully as Spring goes on things will begin to bloom .... we'll have to wait and see what comes up.

I've been playing with one of my favourite Penny Black stamps .... dancing daisies, along with my Distress Inks ......


I've used my MISTI to stamp the image, repeat stamping to slowly build up the colours, and spritzing with water to blend the inks and get this watercoloured effect .....


I used one colour of ink at a time and spritzed in between stamping. 
The stems were first, starting with Twisted Citron, followed by Peeled paint ......  


The sentiment was stamped with Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide ...... I love these inks for stamping with!

Mustard Seed and Wild Honey are the colours I used for the flowers, with a little bit of Rusty Hinge for the centres


I added in a few splatters of ink to the background, and finished off by brushing around the edges with Antique Linen Distress Oxide ..... possibly not quite as CAS as it should!

The inside fits the bill ........


Same technique but I masked the stamp and used just one of those daisies this time ......


Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.
We've had the SKY TV engineer here today .... we eventually got around to telling them we'd moved and that we needed our TV sorting.  Not that we've missed SKY that much ... we've been watching Amazon and Netflix.  We've just reached the end of a few series that we've been watching ..... Vampire Diaries, and the spinoff The Originals which was good.   We've just finished something called Colony, and the next series of that isn't out yet so, we needed something new.  
Guess what ..... hubby's chosen the Marvel Superhero films ....... oh joy! We're watching them all apparently .....from the beginning ...... in order.  There's loads of them!  And there's some that we've seen already ..... but we have to watch them in order.  This could take a while.

Cheerio until next time ......
 

5 comments:

Viv said...

This is a really pretty card. Thanks for sharing how you made it too. x

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Linda and the shading on the leaves looks really good.
Avril xx

Loll said...

LOVE this pretty daisies, Linda! Great colouring and perfect with this technique. Love of depth of colour with the repeat stamping. The splatters are the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

So happy you're getting a new laptop. We can't do without ... or with one that causes us a lot of grieve. Let's face it, we don't have time to muck around. Hope you get it soon! xx

Marcia Hill said...

What a lovely little garden of Daisies you've created Linda...love it! Love the technique using layers of color and water that you used too...so perfect for those PB stamps! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour and good luck with the new laptop!! :0)

Bonnie said...

Your daisies are so pretty, Linda! I love how you've colored them and your splatters are always so perfect! The inside is as lovely as the outside! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!