Sunday 21 January 2018

What happened to the last seven days!!!!

Happy weekend ......

I hope you're having a good one.
I've just realised that I haven't shared last weekend's workshop with you ..... what have I been doing??!!
It's been a whole seven days since our little group got together for another fun day playing with simple backgrounds and large sentiment/phrase stamps.

Here's a quick look at a couple of the things we got up to.
Seeing as it was the first get together of the year I thought a nice simple calendar would be fun. 
Nothing complicated, a standard 7x5 cardblank glued together .... easy.

 
I love the Typografia range of stamps from STAMPlorations ...... and this is one of my favourites


No need to do a lot with it .... simply stamped and embossed in silver, then I stamped the camper again in turquoise and fussy cut it before attaching it with foam pads.
A bit of co-ordinating twine to hang it with and you're done


We used Distress inks to create a Bokeh effect background ......


along with another fabulous sentiment stamp.

Backgrounds don't have to difficult to create ..... try just splattering various colours of ink, or paint onto a piece of white cardstock ......


I used my trusted Distress Inks here and added in a bit of gold and silver ....... do as much or as little as you like ... there are no rules


Add a large sentiment to the centre .....


And I finished off with some pretty colourful balloons ...... and the odd sparkly sequin here and there


I do like these larger words and sentiments at the moment, I think they make it so easy to create beautiful cards .......




February's workshop has been put on hold as we're moving that week so the next one will be in March.
Speaking of the move, it's all go this weekend ..... the boxes are really piling up now.  I'm actually emptying cupboards and drawers in the kitchen and my craft room is beginning to look a little bare.  I've still not finished all my DT stuff yet but a lot of my craft stash has been boxed.

We've also been out today and had a bit of a spend ...... we've ordered two new sofas! 
It's taken about three weeks to make our minds up ..... we've been back twice, sat on it a few times, checked out the internet etc., etc., until we finally took the plunge today.  Well .... the sale was on and we got a good deal so it would have been rude not too.  It's beautiful Italian leather ...... in stock,  and will be ready for delivery when we move into the new place ....... oh and no one is allowed to sit on it!!! 

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your weekend.
It's Sunday lunch at ours this week ..... the last one at this house (sigh!), I just hope I've left enough plates in the cupboard

Cheerio until next time ......

1 comment:

Loll said...

Beautiful makes for your workshop Linda. You always inspire me. Hope things all go smoothly with the move. So exciting to have new furniture for your new place. xx