Wednesday 25 October 2017

Saturday's workshop .....

Happy Wednesday .....

I've taken a break from all my DT projects and magazine stuff to share with you Saturday's workshop ...... plus my head is about to explode, I can't think anymore!!!

It's been a while since the last workshop, what with holidays, and SU parties ...... so the ladies were all raring to go.

It was Christmas cards this week ...... quick and easy designs yet still stylish, great for posting too (not too many layers!)
We used simple heat embossing and stamping with coloured inks to create pretty snowflake designs.


I'm loving the new ink colour Fresh Fig from Stampin Up! ..... first and second generation stamping .....  such a pretty plum colour, looks great with gold or silver embossing.  Try using non traditional Christmas colours for a more contemporary look, snowflakes don't always have to be white!


Another embossing favourite .... emboss resist with Distress Inks.
More pretty snowflakes ..... and I love these large sentiments ...... Handwritten Holiday from MFT


it doesn't have to be snowflakes though .... why not try a pretty  poinsettia 


This was my favourite from the day ...... love the touch of sparkle


Use those large sentiments with a festive stamped image ......


Embossed in gold, or silver, and a touch of glitter for added sparkle


Here's a little tease of another version of this design ....... you'll have to wait until November to see this in full, it's for a Blog Challenge ..... sorry!


And I know I've done this design a couple of times but I think it's a nice way to use your sentiment stamps ......


So ..... as we had a little bit of time left at the end of the workshop the ladies had a play with this design


There's a few stamps in the new Typografia Christmas range from STAMPlorations that are perfect for doing this with ..... just add a star at the top and a cut little plant pot at the bottom ..... easy!

Well .... have you yet to start your Christmas cards? ..... or are they all done and ready to post like one of the ladies at the class on Saturday ..... organised or what!  At least I've got a few more to add to the festive box now.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.
Do you ever have that feeling you're being watched? ..........


This young seagull (at least that's what I think it is) has been on and off the balcony all day ........ he's very distracting!

Cheerio until next time .....

7 comments:

Loll said...

I wish I could come to your workshops Linda. These cards are fantastic. Love them all. I bet all the ladies had a fun time! It's nice to have a visitor. Maybe he's like to get inky too. :) xx

nancy littrell said...

What a fun distraction. Sure looks like a juvenile gull to me:-) LOVED ALL your beautiful and creative CAS Christmas card designs. TFS Linda. Hugs

Redanne said...

I am not surprised they were raring to go, you really do beautiful cards with your ladies! I really love the poinsettia one but they are all gorgeous... Hugs, Anne xx

Unknown said...

Stunning cards, love them all !
Hugs Kaz xx

Darnell said...

That looks like a cross between a seagull and a pigeon. You might have a new friend, Linda, that you can train for hours of fun or is that just me that likes that sort of thing?! :)

Thank you so much for sharing all your crafty makes and beautiful Christmas designs! So much stunning inspiration!!! (We hate that lady who's finished hers, right? Gah!) Hugs, Darnell

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous selection of cards, Linda! I love the colour combo on that first one.

Mrs.B said...

Lovely cards from the workshop Linda, no wonder the ladies enjoy their Saturday's with you. Love the poinsettia card.
Avril xx