Tuesday 10 January 2017

Pages 5 ..... 6 .... AND 7!

Happy Tuesday ......

Hope you're enjoying your evening.  Just had dinner which was delicious, even if I do say so myself, so hubby and I are chillin now ..... he's going after bad guys on his latest computer game so I thought I'd spend time with my blog buddies .....  we're also finishing off the bottle of red we opened ..... or is this the second one. It's been a long day!

It's also been a busy few days in the old craft room .... DT stuff to do, I've been playing around with a canvas, more about that later, and I've even found time to mess around in my journal.
Pages 5, 6 and 7 are done and number 8 has been started. Still not caught up completely but it's fun trying .....  we'll get there!

Page 5 ....... the prompt for the day was 'pinkish' ..... think I covered that one


Quite a simple page.
I painted both sides of my journal page spread using the same colours (PaperArtsy paints again) ........ this makes things easier I think.
I then used the Wendy Vecchi Heart stencil ....... both the outside piece, to ink the heart in the centre (I used Worn Lipstick Distress Ink for this) and also kept the stencil in place whilst I stamped the script onto the heart to give it a bit more interest.



I then covered up the heart in the centre with the inny part of the stencil whilst I added some detail to the background


 The words were stamped and heat embossed in white .....


And I finished off by 'splatting' distress stain straight from the bottle on the journal page .... love doing this!

Page 6 ..... the other half of the pink spread


Back to using old book pages again (something else I love doing!).

Stamped my blooms onto the book pages and fussy cut them ..... love these flowers from PaperArtsy!


I also used more of the stamps from the set to add some detail to the background


The large word is also on the set too ..... perfect finishing touch!


Pages 7 and 8 were coloured together, this time using Brushos


Before I started with any colour I used my stamps first, directly onto the journal page, with a Versamark ink and then heat embossed the images with a white detail powder (page 8 isn't quite finished so you'll have to wait a little longer to see that one)



I then sprayed the right hand side of the journal with water, sprinkled shades of blue Brusho on the top and then closed the book and let the pigment and water do it's thing.
This was repeated a few times until I got the colour and the coverage I wanted ..... mopping up any excess in between with a piece of kitchen roll.
Love how the white embossing acts as a resist to the colour ......

The paint brushes are a stencil, with white embossing paste, applied once the Brusho background was dry


And then I finished off with some more of those Distress Stain splatters ......


Hmmm ...... what shall I try next?!?

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your evening.
Apparently we've been forecast snow for the end of the week. On high ground that is, with a chance of it falling lower.
Not only that, the ferries may be cancelled again tomorrow due to bad weather ....... gales I think, so things could get a little exciting here towards the end of the week.  If the boats don't go then everyone will be panic buying again ..... the supermarket shelves will be empty.  Time to stock up on the essentials I think .... more wine?

Cheerio until next time .....

2 comments:

Redanne said...

Definitely pink-ish, and very pretty and the blue pages are just gorgeous! Loving the splats! Apologies for taking so long to visit this year, been under the weather - so Happy New Year Linda. We are waiting for the snow too and stocked up our shelves just in case! Hugs, Anne xx

Loll said...

More great inspiration. I'm going to learn so much from you with these amazing art journal pages. :) xx