Thursday 26 January 2017

NBUS number 9 ........ wasn't that a song title !?

Happy Thursday .......

Sorry ...... for the song that's now going around your head ....... mambo number 5!!!
Another late night post .... you can tell hubby's away!  Not for much longer though ..... he's back tomorrow night.

Before he gets home, and the weekend gets underway I'm playing along with Darnell's NBUS Challenge #9.

This week one of the optional themes is Hidden Word ...... or Camouflaged Word
What do you think .......


It's not that well hidden ....... but it is camouflaged at least.

I stamped the pretty butterfly ..... which by the way is my NBUS item.  It's the smallest image from the Penny Black set ..... Butterfly Trio and I love them all!
You know how it is, new flutterby stamps are released, you decide you're not going to buy them because let's face it ..... how many butterfly stamps do you need! You always use the same ones. Well, if you're anything like me it's about twice as many snowflake stamps and I have loads of those (again ...... always use the same ones!)  So ..... this gorgeous set found its way into my stash but it's only just seen ink ......... it'll be seeing a bit more I think, the large image is stunning!

Anyhow .... I stamped the butterfly in various colours of Memento ink ......


I then die cut the word 'happy' from the stamped card (using the CUTplorations happy die) and again from a piece of plain white card so that I could layer it up and add a touch of dimension


I love using this inlaid die cutting technique and I think it looks fab when the die cut is part of the main image.
I added the rest of my sentiment underneath ........


And finished off with a few dots of glitter glue for a touch of sparkle

  
I've really made the most of the time I've had while hubby's been away ....... the house is spotless and tidy! Well .... apart from the old craft room that is, but we won't go there! I can keep the door closed. I've been busy ....... catching up with DT stuff, trying to get ahead of myself a little bit before the move next month.
I've also had a workshop to prep ...... the lovely ladies are back this weekend for our first workshop of the year.  We're going right back to the basics ........ as requested.  So, simple stamping techniques creating beautiful CAS cards ..... with a few tips along the way for adding those special little touches. And ....... one of the finished cards can sit on a desk all year round ..... hmmm, wonder what that can be!
Here's a little sneaky peak .......


Easy layering techniques, and stamping with different coloured inks


Simple heat embossing for a really elegant look.

More of those butterflies again ....... I loved my challenge card so much that I recreated it with a different look .....


And, there's a little bit of cute in there too ....... for a really quick and easy design


Oh well ..... it's getting late.  Another busy day tomorrow then we're out for dinner when hubby gets home.  Apparently he's had fillet steak and lobster this evening .... it's alright for some!  Wonder where he's taking me tomorrow night .......

Thanks for popping by.

Cheerio until next time ......

3 comments:

Loll said...

Great job with the hidden word Linda. LOVE the mix of colours for your beautiful butterflies. And you always add details that make all your cards so special.

CAS card class sounds like fun to me. Looking forward to seeing a full view of your cards once the workshops are done.

Steak and Lobster, huh??!! Definitely you deserve a dinner out once hubby is home. :) xx

Sue - said...

Pretty, pretty card with your pastel butterflies.

Darnell said...

Wait. What? Are you moving again???

I love your sweet multi-colored happy birthday butterflies, Linda! To me, they look like the small dragonflies we get here, which I love, too, so either way this makes me smile! You did a great job with the optional technique! And I love the sneak peeks you gave us! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9 and joining in the optional theme! Thank you also for your kind get well wishes! I’m doing great, considering ~ way behind, but great! Hugs, Darnell