Tuesday 24 January 2017

Let's get some catching up done .......

Happy Tuesday, what's left of it .......

Thankfully I think the lergy is finally on it's way out ........ yeah!!   I feel so much better today.
Thank you for all your kind wishes ...... I know this thing has done it's rounds, I'm not the only one to have been knocked for six. I hope that everyone is feeling better now!

We've had quite a busy few days here what with one thing and another.  We've not been very far but we've got a lot done.
Remember I mentioned we were hoping to move again soon ..... well we are. Very soon!  I tell you ..... life is never dull here!
Fingers crossed we're looking to get the keys to the new place around the first/second week in February ..... eeeek!!!!  There's a number of things that all need to come together first for that to happen but, they all seem to be falling into place (let's hope I don't regret saying that!)
I'll need to start on the packing again soon.  Oh well ...... we could do with a good old clear out.

But enough of all that ...... what's been going on in the old craft room?
Well ...... not a lot really.  There's been the odd birthday card or two ..... it was Chris's turn today, he's 27 (that makes me feel old!)


I've been busy with some Design Team stuff ..... Sweet Poppy have got some new stencils out and you're going to love them!  If you follow the SPS page on Facebook you'll have already seen some of the fabulous work from the rest of the DT.  I'll share a few of my samples with you later in the week.

I've been planning the first workshop of the year ...... my group of ladies are all chomping at the bit to get back to their crafty sessions which get underway again at the weekend.
By request, we're going to be taking everything back to the beginning.  Nice CAS cards with easy stamping techniques, and a few clever ideas for adding those extra little details.

I've also managed to finish 2 more pages in my journal ...... whooo hoo!  I've fallen sooooo behind with that but don't worry ....... I'm not giving up!!

Here's pages 15 & 16


I've finally got around to playing with Distress Crayons.  I know I'm a little late to this party ...... but better late than never! To be honest I thought before I buy another set ....... I think it's set 10 that I've got to have ....... I thought I'd better use some of the ones that I already have!!

They are so easy to use and react beautifully with water ....... love how they drip!


I simply spread some of the colours onto the journal pages, spritzed with water  and then used a paintbrush to blend the colours over the pages.
I scribbled some crayon onto the top of the page, spritzed more water then lifted the journal and let the colour drip down the page


I added more detail by placing a stencil onto the page and then I wiped over the top with a wet wipe to remove some of the colour leaving the design behind.



A bit of stamping here and there ....... using the PaperArtsy set EKD01 from Kim Dellow
and then a touch of silver and white gel pens to highlight some of the dots


I stamped the trees directly onto the journal page, and then again onto old book pages and paper pieced them


And the little birds were stamped onto white cardstock, coloured and fussy cut before adding them to the scene ......


The words are from Inkylicious and before I stamped them into my journal I painted over the coloured page with some white gesso so that they would stand out a little


So that's two more pages done and I have a list of prompts and ideas for some more.  Just need some time ..... before the packing starts!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy what's left of your evening.
I'm off for an early night ..... well early ish I suppose.
I've got the house to myself for the next few days .... hubby's gone to London this evening on business until Friday.  Another reason why we've been rushing around ..... we've been trying to get as much of the house/moving stuff sorted before he left.  It does mean though that I can spend the next few days in the old craft room ..... whoo hoo!!

Cheerio until next time ........

2 comments:

nancy littrell said...

I am loving your journal pages Linda. You are inspiring me to get out my Distress crayons that have been neglected. Good luck with your move. Hugs..

Loll said...

Your journal pages are so awesome. And I always learn so much from your. I am having a crafting day this coming weekend with two friends and Distress Crayons are on the list! :) Thanks for the tips. xx