Monday 1 August 2016

Pinch and a punch for the first of the month ....

Happy Monday .......

And welcome to August!!!  Did you have a good weekend?  It was our wedding anniversary on Saturday .... 28 years!  Seems like yesterday .........doesn't time fly when you're having fun.


Before things start getting a little crazy in the old craft room with the launch of this month's blog challenges (first one will be tomorrow) ....... here's a couple more of my Sweet Poppy makes from Lucy's last TV show.

Things were a little bit festive on the show, with the launch of some new Christmas stencils but, there were also some gorgeous new everyday designs including this stunning Steampunk Dragonfly ......


How gorgeous is this (not so) little guy ......... and so much detail


I simply took a piece of card from my stash which had been previously coloured using some Distress Spray Stains and used that as my starting point.
I added a bit of random stamping here and there, using various texture stamps to give a bit more interest to the background .....



and then added the dragonfly onto my design.


I used the Glossy White Stencil Medium and then whilst it was still wet I sprinkled some of the Sweet Poppy fine glitters over the top ...... Periwinkle and the Moss Green shades .... gorgeous!

It still need something else though ....... so I used my favourite Brick Wall stencil and some texture paste

And then finished off with a sentiment and just a little touch of Distress Ink around the edges to add a bit of shading.

Another of the new stencils was the pretty Zen Tulips ..... again a great size and full of detail.


I used the stencil first with some Wilted Violet and Dusty Concord Distress Inks to add the design to my card


and then stenciled over the top, this time using the Glossy Black Stencil paste and added some fine glitter over the top.


You might think I've used the green shade again here but it's actually a crystal glitter that I've used ..... one of those that shimmers with shades of blues  and pinks etc in there.  The black paste has brought out the green colours in there which I think is quite cool!

I added a few stamped images, from the Lavinia stamp range



And finished off with some cute words


I must dash ..... got an appointment with one of my favourite people this morning .... two of them in fact .... oh joy!
Yes ..... it's that time of year for the family outing to the dentist ...... aarrrggg!!! Check up time and then a lovely visit with Heather, the torture queen I mean hygenist!  Hopefully I'll be back home and in the old craft room around lunchtime.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time

2 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Great cards Linda, must watch the show on catch up.
Hope the visit to the dentist went OK.
Avril xx

Redanne said...

Stunning samples Linda, I just adore the dragonfly! Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby too, your wedding photograph is so beautiful! Hope all went well at the dentist. Hugs, Anne xx