Friday 12 August 2016

Love is like a butterfly .......

Happy Friday folks .....

Another week has whooshed by ...... and what a busy one it's been.  Preparations are well underway for Lauren's move next week ..... boxes are being filled as we speak.

We're going to miss her and the little man ...... but it does mean there's going to be lots of space, if the old craft room needs to spread out a little .... just saying!

August's Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge is also well under way ....... it's Take a Technique this month and it's all about Stencils and Masks. Just remember to also include some stamping on your projects too.

I love my stencils .... and I have to admit I do have my go to all the time favourites, tow of which I've used here on my inspiration piece ......


Stencils and masks can help you create the look of layers, and add depth to your projects, as well as allowing you to add fabulous textures by using embossing pastes.

I started out by adding a touch of colour to the centre of a piece of white cardstock using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, some water and a piece of acetate to smoosh the ink around.
I then used the Tim Holtz Harlequin stencil with the same colour of Distress ink to add more detail, and another layer, to the background .......


I didn't ink through the whole of the stencil .... just the bit down the centre brushing more ink over some of the design to add shading.

Next came a little bit of stamping using a script background and Grey Versafine ink


Texture Paste next ..... and the Tim Holtz Flourish stencil (love, love, love this!!).  I used a pearlescent paste and I must say I really like the look .... sort of an ivory colour and then when the light hits it you get a gorgeous shimmer .... really pretty.


I stamped the Inkylicious butterfly directly onto the card ..... to get the antennae,  and again onto a separate piece of card, coloured it using different shades of pink Distress inks and then fussy cut it out and attached it over the image on the card.


I added my sentiment on the bottom .... ... (an old Stampin Up! stamp I think!)



and splattered a touch of black ink here and there to finish off.

I did pretty much the same on the inside only this time I stamped the butterfly first, created a mask to cover it over whilst I added the detail to the background ......


Same colours ..... same stencils .....


Hope you like it and that I've inspired you to enter this month's challenge.  We've a great sponsor for August ...... the fabulous  GioGioCraft


and the challenge winner will receive a set of FOUR gorgeous stencil designs


You'll find more fabulous inspiration and ideas from the rest of the Design Team over on the Craft Stamper Blog, along with all the challenge information and more details of the prizes up for grabs.

Happy stamping!!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm getting ready for the weekend not that we're doing much .... mainly packing for Lauren I think. I'm trying to catch up with what I should have been doing during the week
We are going out for tea this evening I think ...... so no cooking again.  We have some good news to celebrate ....... hubby got promoted at work ..... whoo hoo!!!
It's all been a bit hush hush for a few days, but it was made official at the beginning of the week .... he's now Director of Business Analytics (I think I've got that right ...... sounds posh to me!!)
Congratulations love .... you deserve it!
The bottle of champagne that's chilling nicely in the fridge is going to have to wait a while longer though ..... I'm determined I'm sticking to the no alcohol this month!!!

Have a great weekend ..... hope the sun shines for you.

Cheerio until next time

8 comments:

!neke said...

Beautiful Linda !
Great how you explained how you made it ! Thanks !
Ineke X

Mac Mable said...

Such a special card today. Love the layering and the whole composition. Congratulations to your husband too.

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous card, Linda! I love the layers, and I definitely need that flourish stencil! Congrats to your hubby - and to you for your self-control!

Redanne said...

This is a real stunner Linda, I love the harlequin stencil in the background and the gorgeous shimmer you created with the flourish one - really beautiful! Congratulations to your hubby on his promotion! Anne xx

Loll said...

LOVE the mix of elements Linda. This is one amazing card!! Every detail is perfection!! Congrats to your hubby on his promotion ... very exciting. And just think how delicious and chilled that champagne will be by September. :) xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great and beautiful mixed media card!!! I love the colours and details!!

Have fun!!
Maria

Svenja said...

Your card is absolutely darling! Love the soft colours and mix of textures.

Unknown said...

Lovely card