Wednesday 13 January 2016

One Layer ..... with a flourish

Happy Wednesday,

Can't believe it's the middle of the week already!  I hope your week's going better than mine ....... I've done nothing!!  Well ..... apart from sort out birthday cards (we have a few in January!) ....... I've booked this year's Bourton trip (yes we're off to that gorgeous part of the UK again ..... middle of June, after the TT ..... same cottage as last year!)



Oooh .... and I've booked my first trip to the UK for this year ...... 15 weeks tomorrow (that sounds ages away!) and what a busy trip it's going to be.  A craft retreat, Port Sunlight Happy Stampers Craft show and a workshop with the lovely Maria Simms ...... with loads off fun stuff in between.  Better get saving my pennies now!!

Speaking of saving pennies ...... I saw something on Facebook over Christmas about a Penny Challenge ...... save a penny for each day of the year and by the end of it you'll have just short of £668 ..... well actually this year it'll be just over £670 because it's a leap year!
That's just by saving 1 penny on day one,  2 on day two, 3 on day three ....... and so on.
I thought ......  that sounds like a plan ...... so ...... I'm giving it a go.


By the end of January there'll be £4.96 in my jar ...... whoo hoo!!  Then on February 1st it's 32 pennies, 33 on the 2nd , 34 on the 3rd ..... you get my drift. The rest of the family think I'm mad .... hubby says why not just put £50 in there at the end of each month but where's the fun in that!?
So .... every morning when I change the date on the calendar ....... I put my pennies in the jar.  It's easy at the moment, only small numbers .... wait until we get to day 100!!!

Anyway ..... enough of all that.  It's time for a Blog Challenge!

It's One Layer Week over at Less is More .... yeah!!!  And it's time for a ......

FLOURISH

Mention a flourish and there can only be one stamp for me .... the gorgeous Vintage Flourish from IndigoBlu.


So simple ....... masked off a panel on the front of my card using low tack masking tape.  Added a touch of colour with some pink Distress inks.  Then removed the masking tape and stamped the flourish using a Black Versafine ink


I love this flourish ..... I haven't used it in a while, forgotten how pretty it is!
I added a touch across the opposite side of the card to balance things out and added my words using Flitter Glu and Gilding Flakes


I also stamped the flourish off the edge on the inside. 
I've made the card for a birthday, but I think it could be for any occasion ....... change the colour and it could even be suitable for a guy .... what do you think? 


Thanks for popping by ... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm off to spend some time in the old craft room .... still got more birthday cards to make!

Cheerio until next time .....

Linda
xx

8 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Great card Linda, always love this flourish and like you I haven't inked mine up for a while!
Avril xx

Veerle said...

Gorgeous lim card you have made. I almost used the same stamp as you have but then decided on another design and took another swirl. ;-)
Greetings,Veerle

shirley-bee said...

Fab one layer card, and I love the penny-saving idea :)

Chrissie said...

This is such a fabulous flourish and what a fab card you made with it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic flourishing Linda and love the sponged background too - so pretty and elegant. thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Anne said...

Fab flourishes Linda!
Thank you so much for your entry
Anne
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

That flourish is divine, Linda. Love it over the pale pink. I too saw that money saving idea but not sure I can afford to put say £3+ away each day in November, seemed like a good idea until I worked it out. My friend is doing it back to front, she is using her Christmas money in January then her council tax for Feb and March (as we have two months off!) then it should get easier throughout the year lol.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Joyce across the Pond said...

Hello - just coming over from Pinterest to say I love this card....haven't got this stamp but it reminds me so much of a Hero Arts stamp.
Will now be following you from across the wee pond in Northern Ireland.
Hope your weather is warmer than ours today...it would freeze you!
Joyce