Tuesday 1 December 2015

On the first day of December ........

Happy Tuesday ...... I'd better get a move on with this post or we'll be in to Wednesday and I'll be playing catch up (nothing new there!!)

Welcome to December ........ how's your day been?  I've had a lovely day ..... most of it spent in the company of my crafty buddies (mince pies and yummy shortbread too!!) and we actually made a couple of cards believe it or not!!

We'll start the month with a festive feel ..... why not ....... only 23 days and counting!!!

Here's a couple more of my Clarity samples from the last TV shows, using the Cabin in the Woods stamp set (recognise those well loved spruce trees? .....  as you've probably guessed ...... I love this little set!!) 


A nice simple tag ..... and we're all going to need some of those in the next few weeks!

A crackle background using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints and their fabulous Crackle Glaze ......


Those gorgeous spruce trees stamped across the tag using a brown Archival ink ......


I then stamped the lovely log cabin onto a small piece of cardstock, again using a brown ink.  I made a mask for the cabin, covered it, and stamped the trees behind.
A touch of Distress ink around the edge and a beautiful gold embossed star finishes off my winter scene.

I used one of the Christmas Word Chains for my greeting, again embossed in gold.


Next up a CAS design .... great for doing batch cards


Same stamp set ....  different colour of ink.


I stamped the cabin in the centre, then used a torn piece of copier paper to make the shape of the landscape, stamping the trees over the top.

Shades of blue Distress Inks for the sky, spritzed with water to remove some of the ink leaving this 'snowy sky look'


A touch of fine crystal glitter here and there


 and a festive greeting and you're done!


Finally ..... classic black and white


Same scene as before only this time embossed with a fine white EP


A touch of glitter here and there


And this time, I stamped my greeting onto a piece of vellum, embossed in gold and then tore the edges before adding it to my card.


Well .... that's Day 1 almost done.  I am going to try and blog every day in the run up to Christmas ...... OK, maybe not EVERY day but hopefully most of them. Let's see how I get on shall we!

So .... we're finally in December ..... the last month of the year.  The Christmas decorations are out of storage, and the house looks like the day we moved in .....  again!!! Do I really have so many boxes of pretty glittery baubles .....  apparently so!!  One tree is actually up and has lights on and the rest of the house is slowly getting the festive touch.
The recipe books are out and the planning begins ...
a) for a Christmas party, provisionally booked for the 16th (yes Lauren and I are catering again it looks like)
and b) the all important Christmas dinner!
Oh ..... and of course the evening is being spent with Mr Buble ....... it's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Walmsley Towers.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

2 comments:

Kath said...

Lovely designs - I especially like your tag. It's great to start decorating and preparing for Christmas - not long now!
Kath x

Mac Mable said...

I did so enjoy reading your blog post today. Loving your projects, all so different and all so very creative. The cabin is so cute and amazing what you can do with it! Yes the trees a favourite with me too x Thank you for the inspiration x