Wednesday 30 December 2015

My year in review ...... part I

Happy Wednesday,

I hope you've had a good Christmas ..... and that the weather is being kind to you.
It's heartbreaking seeing all the flooding that's happening across in the UK.  It's hard to know what to say ...... mother nature can be cruel at times.

With 2015 coming to a close, I thought it would be nice to look back and see what went on here on the Craft Lane and share a few of my favourite makes from the year.  I'll try and keep it brief but you may want to grab yourself a cuppa before we start.

Let's go all the way back in January ......

It's always hard getting back into the swing of things, what with the usual Blog challenges to enter, DT stuff to do, birthday cards to make ........ and this year we saw the first ever Craft Stamper Take It Make It Blog Hop, along with a new look to the regular Craft Stamper Blog Challenge.
(any links in this post will take you to the original Blog posts if you fancy a read)


I made a cute little calendar ..... perfect for the beginning of the year.

Another of my favourites was this ..... a one layer card for Less is More


And I have to add in the journal that I decorated ........ I must confess I haven't got around to doing much inside it yet ..... who knows 2016 may be the year I really get started!


February ..... we have Valentine's of course, and I was joining in with Tim's 12 Tags again



I was Guest Designer on one of my favourite Blog Challenges ..... Merry Monday


And I got a new favourite craft product ........ Brushos


Onto March ...... my birthday month, my first trip of the year off the island, the Indigo Blu craft retreat and we moved house (again!!)

One of my favourite makes was a DT piece for the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge ....... still love these stamps!!


April ....... another busy month.  A little sad though ...... after nearly four years of working with Kay and Alfie I felt it was time for a change.  I made the tough decision to stand down from the IndigoBlu Design team.


We had more of those gorgeous Tim flowers too ....


On to May .....  I was Guest Designer on the Country View Crafts Blog Challenge, a couple of trips across to the UK for more crafty fun including Port Sunlight (craft show), and of course we had the start of the TT Races

More new favourite things ..... Spectrum Noir pencils and this gorgeous Penny Black stamp ....


And a little bit of home decor .....


Let's finish today with June ..... half way through the year.
I joined an new Design Team .... Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge.
We had hubby's  work Summer Party and we saw the end of another fabulous TT fortnight ...... Oh! and of course the family trip to Bourton in the Cotswolds ....


We're doing it all again in 2016 ..... can't wait!

June saw the first appearance on here for the Crazy Birds .....


And we wanted Texture over on the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge ......


Well I think that's enough for today don't you!  Congratulations if you've stuck with me ..... I think you deserve another cuppa now!

I'll be back tomorrow with another whistle stop journey through the second half of the year .... more crafty makes, birthday celebrations and another new Design Team!

Thanks for popping by ....... enjoy the rest of your day. It's take away and TV for us this evening ..... I'm fed up of cooking!!!
The wind is blowing a hoolie, the rain is on its way so it's time to batten down the hatches I think. Stay safe, warm and dry wherever you are.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx 

2 comments:

!neke said...

Wishing you and your family a great 2016 !
Ineke XXX

Redanne said...

A great summary of the first half of the year Linda, your projects are always so beautiful! Anne xx