Wednesday 14 October 2015

Time for a catch up ......

Hello there ..... Happy Wednesday (what's left of it!)

Phew!!! .....What a busy day ..... what a busy week in fact and we're only half way through!

Remember I mentioned last week about waiting for some news from Chris, well ..... Monday this week saw him take over the keys to his own public house!  My little boy ....... a pub manager (he's not so little actually .... he's taller than I am!)  He did say when he came back over here he'd like to be managing his own place in 12 months ..... not quite sure he was serious but it's happened and it only took him 10 months!!!  Four years at uni finally paid off! ....... that's my boy!!

He's now the manager of The Saddle Inn, down by the Quay ..... it's only a small place but it's a start .... and he's in charge!  It does mean he'll be moving out of home though ..... it comes with it's own flat.  Guess what we'll be doing at the weekend ........ I'm getting good at packing boxes!!


I had a fabulous crafty afternoon today with a bunch of lovely ladies who all wanted to learn about rubber stamping.  I put a few projects together for them and we just went with it.
Not knowing how much stamping some of them had done I wanted to see how they managed with a few stamps and a bit of ink, so I decided to get them making masterboards ........


What's a masterboard then ...... well in the craft world a masterboard is basically creating your own patterned paper/card.  Use stamps to fill a whole sheet of card, add some colour and then use it however you like ..... cut it into pieces to make lots of different cards, use it with your dies and punches ..... it's so much fun.

This is the one I used ...... love my JOFY stamps!  I stamped using black Versafine ink and then coloured with Distress inks


And this is what I put together to give them a few ideas on how to use them ...... nice CAS designs just added a bit of stenciling and some pretty sentiments .....


The ladies created 2 versions this afternoon, a floral one and a Christmas one ....... I think they really enjoyed making a start on their Christmas cards ......


Again, nice and simple designs ....... stamped and embossed the snowflakes in white, then used Distress inks over the top to bring out the design.
There was everything from experienced stampers through to one lady who'd never stamped before ...... she's coming back for another workshop so I think she enjoyed herself, and one of them had never made a card before ..... she was really pleased with her creations.


We had lots of tea and biscuits and a good old chat ..... it's always nice crafting with friends!

It's back to the old craft room tomorrow hopefully ...... if my postie brings me a parcel that is!

Oh well ..... it's getting late and nearly my bedtime.  Time to get into my PJ's and my lovely new slippers ..... yes my EMUs arrived on Monday


And they haven't been off my feet since!!


Now I'm ready for winter!

Thanks for popping by ..... I'll be back tomorrow with a little touch of Autumn ..... it's Blog challenge time!

Cheerio until then

Linda
xx

No comments: