Thursday 15 October 2015

Autumn challenge at Less is More


Happy Thursday to you .....

Thanks for stopping by. What a beautiful day we've got here ..... clear blue skies, the sun is shining, but boy is it chilly!! I think we're going to have to give in and put the heating on tonight.  Can't really complain though .... it is the middle of October after all!

There's an Autumn theme over at Less is More this week .... and it's One Layer Week, always a favourite.


I do love one layer cards .... not always the easiest to make I must say but, once you get the hang of them they can become addictive!

CAS as always for this challenge ...... I started out by inking the circle using various shades of Distress Inks through a mask ...... Wild Honey, Festive Berries and Forest Moss with just a touch of Aged Mahogany, splattered it with water (as I love to do with distress ink) and mopped up the excess leaving that lovely speckled background


I removed the mask and stamped the sentiment next (from Inkylicious) using Vintage Sepia Versafine ink ...... love these words


Using the same Distress colours as before I then stamped my beautiful autumn leaves ...... see how the Distress ink has pooled on the stamp (clear polymer stamp) giving this speckled look to the leaves ..... now I could have taken a paint brush and water and smoothed the ink out a little but I really like the sort of skeleton leaf effect .... what do you think?


I finished off with a few ink splats here and there (can't resist!) using the Aged Mahogany Distress 


And added a little something to the inside too .....


Well that's lunchtime over for me ..... time to get in the old craft room I think.   My postie's been so it's busy, busy, busy for me this afternoon.

Enjoy the rest of your day and cheerio until next time.

Linda
xx

PS  I couldn't have put this better myself ........
   
Cheers!

16 comments:

Skye said...

A lovely card. I like your design.

LauraVi said...

Love this card, beautiful layout and colours!

Kath said...

A lovely card and I agree that the skeleton leaf effect is perfect for your card.
Kath x

Sandy said...

Your card is so sophisticated and I love the the inside. So simple and yet so effective!
Sandy xx

Darnell said...

HaHA, love the wine sign!! Linda, your card is spectacular! It truly made me gasp! I'm pinning this puppy!! Hugs, Darnell

Mac Mable said...

Hi..popped across from the blog to take a closer look at your gorgeous card. Now this is what I was trying to achieve with my card. Your colours, layout and blending is absolutely gorgeous and of course those splats...I really did have problems with them on mine! Your card is beautiful and I really love it...thank you for the inspiration.

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love the inking on the circle - and such gorgeous colours on the leaves. The inside is finished of perfectly too.
Avril xx

Redanne said...

The spritz and flick background circle looks fantastic - great colour choices and those leaves are amazing - love them. A truly beautiful card (as always!). xx

Neets B said...

Oooh, Linda, this is gorgeous! Such wonderful colours, perfect blending too. I never stamp with my distress inks but here it works brilliantly, must remember that. Love your wine quote too...haha...so true!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautifully done Linda, ink-tastic and love how you've created so much shine with your blending. Gorgeous autumn tones and a clever and striking design. thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Loll said...

Really beautiful design Linda. I agree with you, the splatters of water looks so perfect, especially here. Gorgeous mix of colours for the sponging and leaves. xx

Chrissie said...

Sorry for being so late in commenting, I don't know where last week went to!
This is fabulous stamping and a superb use of colour!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

I'm catching up on my commenting after my hols, sorry to be so late!
What gorgeous inking Linda, yours colours are perfect
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Linda and I love the colours and the way you have managed to give the masked circle the right amount of shading so it really looks spherical. The pretty leaves stamped from the mixture of inks look lovely as they are and more like nature intended than too smooth and clinical. I think the all the spatters finish it perfectly. x

Darnell said...

I KNEW this one was a winner, Linda! Congratulations on the well-deserved SHOWCASE from LIM!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

I love your card. It is stunning! xx