Tuesday 30 June 2015

Just about made the deadline ..... I hope!

Good morning ......... Happy Tuesday!

It's the last day of June and I've managed to squeeze in another entry for this month's Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge.

This month it's all about using Sprays and Mists .......


For today's card I've used sprays in a couple of different ways ....... misting with water, and straight from the bottle!


It's still a CAS design though .... with lots of white space.

I stamped the gorgeous Tim Holtz butterfly onto a piece of white cardstock, just slightly over one edge.  I then stamped the image again, this time onto a piece of card that I'd coloured using Brushos.
If you haven't tried these yet ....... I call them 'little pots of magic' ..... they're pots of highly pigmented ink powders, which can be used in many different ways, one of which is to sprinkle the powder onto cardstock (you only need a tiny amount so they'll last ages!) spritz/mist with clean water, and then watch the colours explode!


The more water you add, the more the colours will spread. Also depending on what type of cardstock you use, you'll get different results.

I fussy cut around the butterfly and then attached it to the card over the top of my stamped image, trimming off the edge to match the card.

I then added a sentiment .......


and then using some co-ordinating Distress Spray Stains (Picked Raspberry & Mustard Seed) I added a few ink splats here and there.
To do this I took the top off the spray bottle and then flicked the ink over the card using the plastic tube attached ..... easy!

A little bit more on the inside .......


along with some nice words ...... and job's done!

If you're VERY quick ...... there's still a little time left to get your entry in before the deadline closes.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
 
I'd better get a move on ......I'm off out for coffee this morning, catching up with a friend.  I don't think she would be impressed if I turned up in my PJ's and slippers, do you?

Cheerio until next time ....

Linda
xx

3 comments:

Kath said...

A great card - I love your butterfly and fab brusho colours.
Kath x

Bonnie said...

A gorgeous butterfly, Linda! Love the splatters!

Loll said...

Really beautiful card Linda. Love your layered butterfly. Brushos are pots of magic. :) Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx