Thursday 12 March 2015

A real colour challenge ..... for me

Happy Thursday evening .....

Any chance of an extra day this week ..... as usual, I've loads to do and not enough time to do it in!! That's one of the reasons I'm posting late ...... deadline's looming and I'm out all day tomorrow!!

At least I had an early start this morning.  After the family outing to the dentist ....... yes,  I couldn't put if off any longer, the appointment had already been cancelled 3 times!! ....... I managed to spend some time in the old craft room, and I actually got jobs done!  One of which was this weeks entry for the Less is More challenge.

It's a Colour Challenge, and seeing as how Spring is on it's way (so I'm told!) they've gone for ......

YELLOW and GREEN

Not colours I would normally go for so I'm totally out of my comfort zone here .....


Saying that ..... I do love the new Cracked Pistachio Distress ink though ..... it's so pretty!!!
I've teamed it up here with a little Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed mixed with just a touch of Gathered Twigs for the centre of the flower (hope that's allowed!)

I stamped the flower ..... from another of my new favourites from Tim Holtz ...  the Flower Garden stamp set.  I embossed the image using a clear powder and then coloured it using the Distress inks, mixed with a little water


I added my sentiment (Winnie & Walter's The Big, the Bold & the Happy)


And finished off  with a little bit of ink splattering around the bloom


There's a little bit inside the card too .....


Oh well ...... Friday tomorrow and another busy weekend coming up ...... crafty get together tomorrow, dinner out and a birthday party on Saturday, then of course it's Mother's Day on Sunday .... I guess the diet will have to wait another week (that's a shame!)  
I've got to get on with some serious packing too, we got our moving date today ...... March 31st (eeeek!!) That's only 19 days away ......and so far I've emptied and boxed up 5 drawers .... in my craft room! I've not even started in the kitchen, or anywhere else for that matter.  It's a good job we have both houses for 2 weeks ..... that should make things a little easier!

Anyway, thanks for popping by .... enjoy what's left of your evening.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

12 comments:

Susan said...

Stunning card - love the ink splat.
Good luck with your packing - I don't envy you!
Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment on my blog xxx

Teresa Kline said...

WOW, Linda! this is a stunning CAS card...FAB! hope you have a fun weekend!

sparkle & shine *~*

Bobby said...

I love this, Linda. I just got this stamp set, so thanks for the inspiration on coloring and design.

Kath said...

A beautiful card and a lovely stamp. Hope your packing gets sorted!
Kath x

!neke said...

Great card ! Love the inside !!!!

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Linda, such a fabulous design.
Pauline
x

Kathyk said...

Fab make and love the addition of those little splatters

Kathyk

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Considering (like me) these aren't your go to colours Linda you've done a 'cracking' job. I NEED some of that Cracked Pistachio! Gorgeous image and super colouring and ink splatters. Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Redanne said...

Good to see you got your packing priorities right - lol! Your card is beautiful, this is my favourite stamp in the set and I love how you have used it! Hugs, Anne xx

Chrissie said...

Fabulous card Linda, I love that image and you have coloured it beautifully!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sarah G said...

Totally gorgeous! Love the flower and your design - beautifully CAS :)

Mrs.B said...

On a catch up - Stunning CAS, those stamps are on my wish list.
Avril xx