Monday 26 January 2015

CAS-ology ...... Friend

Happy Monday!

Here we go again .... another week.  Lets see if I can do a little better with the old blogging this week shall we!

We'll start the week with a last minute entry for the challenge over at CAS-ology.  This was a brand new challenge for me last week and seeing as I got an Honorable Mention for my first entry (thanks ladies!) I thought it was only right that I should play along again.

This week the cue card was .......


Here's what I came up with ......


I've been having a play with new stash ..... the cute little soft caress die from Penny Black.  It's a great little die, perfect for Valentine's ....... which is approaching fast, but you can use this anytime ..... weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, just because cards, and of course for those special people ........ FRIENDS

I stamped my background onto a piece of white card, using Vintage Sepia Versafine ink and the hessian panel from IndigoBlu's Sarah's Choice stamp set.
I then stamped my sentiment underneath ..... how true are those words!?


I cut the full die from green cardstock and then cut the hearts again, twice from red.
I layered the hearts together over the top of the green and then gave them a coating of Versamark ink followed by  Clear UTEE.  I heated this and added a tiny sprinkling of crystal glitter before the embossing powder cooled


Look at the sparkle and shine .... so pretty!


I attached this over the stamped panel and finished off by adding a few inksplats.

For the inside of the card, I used the left over piece of card from my die cut, as a stencil


and added colour using Distress Inks.

Well, that's Monday done.  I hope this week is a little less busy than last, we've no birthdays to celebrate at least .... although we do have a housewarming party to go to on Friday evening.  There's the doctors on Wednesday morning, I need to go to the bank at some point, so that means a look around the shops too, oh and there's coffee and craft with friends on Friday morning ........ not such a quiet week after all!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx 

8 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love how you've carried the theme through to the inside of the card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Bonnie said...

Wow! Love these little heart stems! And the stenciling on the inside is beautiful too!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, MY! Another lovely CAS card, both inside and out! Thanks for playing along again this week at CASology!

Redanne said...

This is such a beautiful card Linda, I love the treatment you gave those hearts - so beautiful. I can really see this style being used on wedding invitations especially. Hugs, Anne xx

Maria Moorhouse said...

Lovely card Linda, and you're right about the sentiment. Hope the week is enjoyable as well as busy for you x

Gillian R said...

So pretty, love that burlap stamp. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Carol said...

Great card I so struggle with CAS - love the die x

Mrs.B said...

Love this card Linda and it's a lovely sentimen. Have a great week.

Avril x