Friday 12 September 2014

Have you taken up the challenge yet? ........

Good morning folks ..... Happy Friday!

This is a scheduled post as I'm currently across in the UK.  Probably drooling over my new craft stash purchased yesterday at the Stitching, Sewing and Hobbycrafts show in Manchester!!!

I just wanted to remind you about the latest Take It Make It Challenge over on the Craft Stamper Blog ...... it's all about Stamping on Tissue this month.

As always there's a fab prize up for grabs ..... and this month our sponsor is Julie Kirk!


Check out her online store to find some fabulous, unique craft supplies like these .......
Washi Tape Rings .......


How useful are these ..... and for the prize this month you get TWO of them ...... yes TWO!  Not only that, you get the Washi tape as well ..... all 13 rolls!  (The gorgeous purple tote, unfortunately, is not included in the prize, that belongs to our lovely Trish ..... sorry!)
The DT will also check out all the entries and choose a Top 3.   The overall winner will not only get the fab prize from our sponsor, but their work will be published in the Craft Stamper Magazine (whoo hoo!) AND they'll be invited to do a Guest Designer Spot on one of the future challenges ..... so it's worth entering.  Get that tissue paper out!!

Stamping onto tissue eh! ...... this is so much fun to do, and there's so many ways to use the technique.
Last week I showed how to use ordinary man-sized tissues and cover an MDF piece.  This week I've used actual tissue paper .... you know,the stuff you use to wrap gifts.


I've decorated a plain white, inexpensive, church candle and turned it into a pretty Autumnal gift, with a matching card.


I stamped the leaves directly onto some white tissue paper, using a mix of colours of Archival ink. cut around the images and then placed them onto the candle.  Using a piece of waxed paper to hold the tissue leaves in place, I then used my heat gun to 'melt' the tissue into the candle wax.  This doesn't take very long, you can see the stamped images change slightly through the waxed paper and the tissue disappears into the wax completely ...... cool or what!?


I added a pretty ribbon bow to the bottom and some seasonal foliage ......


I used the same stamps to create the matching card ...... the pretty Maple Leaf Clear Stamp set by Clarity


I masked off a panel across the card and used Distress Inks to add the colour ....... Peeled Paint, Wild Honey, Festive Berries and a touch of Aged Mahogany.
With the mask still in place I spritzed the ink with water, let it sit, then mopped up the excess removing some of the ink, to give the spattered look.
I then stamped the leaves, still with the mask in place, using the Archival colours again.


I added the sentiment underneath, and finished off by adding a tissue paper leaf directly onto the card


Now it's your turn.

You have until midnight on Wednesday 24th September to get your entries in, and our winner will be announced on the Craft Stamper Blog on Friday 26th.  Good luck everyone!!

Thanks for popping by ..... have a great weekend!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

3 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Fab candle, Linda, and I love the matching card. Hope you got lots of lovely craft goodies :)

Tracy said...

Gorrrgeous Linda...would look lovely on my side table!! xoxoxox

Carol said...

Gorgeous candle and card - that leaf stamp will be going on my ever growing wish list :) Have a lovely day