Saturday 9 August 2014

It's a bit quiet around here .......

Happy weekend to you!

Finally ..... a little bit of time to sit down and catch up!
Hubby's away today, he's gone across to the UK to meet up with friends for some 'do' or other.  Lauren and little one are out, and Chris is still in the land of nod (he was working late last night), so ...... it's just me, making the most of the peace and quiet, with a lazy start to the weekend.

How's your week been ... good?  I do hope so.  Mine, as always, was a bit on the busy side .....  I'm still trying to catch up from my last trip away.  What with anniversaries, kid's parties, evenings out and a trip to the hospital (routine stuff, nothing to worry about!) I don't seem to have had much time for anything since I got back.  This week has been no different ..... usual day to day stuff, mixed in with Grandma duties.  Coffee, lunch out and a crafty afternoon in the middle of the week,  and of course the old craft room is slowly getting back to normal.  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in there at the moment .... I'm working with the new IndigoBlu stamps .... very festive!

Speaking of Christmas it's time to catch up with Merry Monday ....... I must confess I didn't manage to join in last week (sigh!) but ..... I'm back this week!

The challenge is to use ski(s), skates or a sled ......


I've use a rather grand looking sleigh on mine (hope it qualifies!)

 

It's that Tim Holtz stamp set again .....  Deco Christmas  (CMS176)  I love it!!!! (can you guess!)

I stamped the sentiment and embossed with clear powder, then created my little winter woodland using a mask cut from copier paper and the trees from the IndigoBlu 'Here Comes Santa' stamps


I then stamped the sleigh along the bottom


And added some fine crystal glitter to finish off the scene.

Stamped a greeting inside and added a touch more detail using another stamp from the TH set ....


And that's another Christmas card done ..... they're mounting up!

Oh well, I suppose I should get out of my PJ's ...... it is nearly lunchtime!

Thanks for popping by today .... have a lovely weekend and I'll see you all again soon.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

11 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful! Love the scene you stamped!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Redanne said...

Another beautiful Christmas card Linda, I love the sleigh and the tree scene and I always love how you finish off the inside of your cards too. Anne xx

Patti P. said...

I love your wonderful Christmas scene. Silhouette images are such a fave of mine. Love your elegant inside sentiment design.
hugs....

Susan Sudbury said...

Love your card! Its a beautiful silhouette scene!

Mrs.B said...

Beautiful Christmas card Linda, love the tree scene, and a gorgeous inside too.
Avril xx

Sue said...

Love it! So pretty!

Debbie Bonczek said...

Beautiful silhouette card! Love how you decorated the inside.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Linda, I love this wintery scene you have created. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Bonnie said...

Wow, what a wonderful snowy scene! This is an awesome card, Linda! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

http:/drdeweypibbs.blogspot.com said...

Really nice.Beautiful scene. I think I need that stamp set. LOL

Katie Melhus said...

That sentiment is gorgeous and I love the hill of trees in black and white - striking! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!