Wednesday 9 July 2014

Tag ...... You're it!! Have you entered yet?

Good morning from Las Vegas, and happy Wednesday,

I think it's just about Wednesday here ..... we're eight hours behind you guys so it's the early hours of the morning when this post actually goes live ..... and I'm probably fast asleep (or sat at a Poker table possibly!)

Yes, I'm still on my holidays .... enjoying the sun and having loads of fun in Sin City (What happens in Vegas ... stays in Vegas and all that!)  But, I actually have a craft post for you today.  With the wonders of Blogger it means that I can still join in the fun with the rest of the Design Team and give you all a quick reminder that the current Blog Challenge from IndigoBlu is still up and running.  The theme for this month is .....

Tag You're It!!

We've already had some fabulous entries ..... but we want to see more!   As the title suggests, we want to see your TAG designs.   They can be gift tags, tag books, tag cards, a tag on a card.  Large tags, small tags, hinged tags, a tag on a tag ...... or how about a right old collection of tags, made into a wall hanging .......


The good thing about tags is you can use up all those left over bits from previous projects ...... no need to throw away pieces of card, just trim off the corners, punch a hole, and make a tag!  Arrange a few together and create a theme.  Mine is sort of a favourite IndigoBlu stamp/Friendship theme, but it could be anything at all.

This actually started out as a large 8x8 card, but by the time I'd finished I felt it was a little too heavy for a card, so I changed it into a wall hanging.

I started out by gathering a few tags together and played around with the layout before I thought about decorating them. 

I created my background card using a piece of Kraft cardstock, inked it around the edge using Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress inks and then splashed some ink across the card using a paintbrush.
With the script background from Sarah's Choice I then stamped randomly over the card using Versamark ink,  and then attached it to the front of an 8x8 cardblank, along with a layer of black card.


Now for the fun part ..... decorating the tags.
I cut my tags in various sizes and used some of my favourite IndigoBlu stamps to decorate them before arranging them onto my background card.


Jane had to be on there somewhere ....... I've also used the Diamond stencil and words from Sarah's Choice


And finished it off with a crinkle ribbon bow, dyed using Worn Lipstick Distress ink


Amongst other IndigoBlu stamps, I used that sentiment again ..... you know the one I mean, my favourite from the B.F.F. set


I filled in some of the space with a piece of card left over from another project .....


This beautiful rose is from the Clockworks stamp set, along with the cogs stamped on the tiny tag

And of course I had to use the Vintage Flourish somewhere ....... you all know how much I love this stamp


Stamped with Flitter Glu and flaked using Lancashire Rose

Once all the tags were done I attached them over the background and finished off with some string bows and some wire to hang it by.

Tag You're It! ...... Now it's your turn.

You've got until 8pm on July 20th to get your entries in, so come on get tagging!  Just think you could be our next winner, and be a guest on the IndigoBlu Blog.  Have fun and good luck!

Thanks for popping by .... don't forget to check out more inspiration pieces on the blog today from the rest of the Design Team.

Cheerio from Vegas .......

photo from Google

LindyLou
xx

2 comments:

Redanne said...

I really love the idea of using small tags to make up a hanging, it works so well! Love that face stamp and the tag with the flakes looks amazing! Anne x

Jenny Marples said...

Sounds like you're having a great time out there! Hope you continue to enjoy the remainder of your holiday. Your hanging is such a great idea for those different sized tags. It works beautifully. Jenny x