Saturday 24 May 2014

Rain Rain Go Away .......

Happy Saturday evening folks,

How's your weekend going?   Would you believe we had a lovely day up until about 5 o'clock this afternoon, when the sun did his disappearing act, the skies turned a horrible shade of grey and the rain started.  And boy did it rain!!  Just in time so that the first TT practice and qualifying session had to be cancelled.  Let's hope things go a little better on Monday night!


Just a quick post this evening with my latest festive make for the Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge
This week the ladies have gone all floral ....... the challenge is 
Use a flower or flowers

I've gone with the very traditional Christmas bloom ..... the poinsettia


I decided to use my lovely Clarity snowscene again .... I do like this stamp and it's so quick and easy to use.

I stamped the image using Onyx Black Versafine ink and then cut around to give me a nice square panel.
I added the greeting from the Tim Holtz Deco Christmas stamp set and the pretty cluster of poinsettias.


A touch of fine gold glitter to the centres adds a bit of sparkle ..... well it is a Christmas card after all!  And of course some crystal glitter for the snow


I stamped around the edges of a piece of red cardstock using the poinsettias, attached the snowscene to the centre using foam pads before adding it to the front of a 6x6 cardblank.


The same image was used inside the card .....


...... and I added a sentiment, that I think I've already used a couple of times on my Christmas cards, from the Penny Black 'T' for Transparent  Christmas Cheer.

And that's another card done for the festive box.  What am I going to fill my time with in November/December ....... I'm sure I'll come up with something!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday weekend.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

7 comments:

JaynEryn said...

I love the touch of glimmer for the snow! Nice job :)

Bonnie said...

Linda I love this beautiful scene and that amazing sentiment! And then that splash of color with the poinsettias takes it up another notch! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

LeAnne said...

WOW WOW WOW! I just love this little scene! I wonder if I could get this stamp set here in the US?! That Tim Holtz sentiment is just the right "vintage-ness" too! Lovely card! Thank you for participating in the Merry Monday challenge!

Marcia Hill said...

Stunning! Love, LOVE this card! :0)

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Linda, this is such a pretty winter scene. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Angela Allen said...

Hi Linda
Lovely card,I love this scene stamp,but didn't think of doing this with it.Thanks for all the inspiration.
Love Angela x

http:/drdeweypibbs.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful inside and out. WOW!