Thursday 6 March 2014

What a busy day ......

Happy Thursday evening,

No I haven't been suffering with a hangover all day after celebrating with too much of the bubbly stuff last night - although it was Walmsley Wednesday ..... and my birthday so I'll forgive you if you thought that was the case. 

Thank you all for your birthday wishes yesterday ...... I had a lovely day ..... got thoroughly spoiled rotten.  There were cards and presents .... even hubby remembered this year!!!  Although I can't have my main present from him until later in the month ....... they're hanging in a gallery until after the 20th .....


I saw these a few weeks ago and fell in love with them. They're by an artist called Remi Labarre

and they're currently hanging in the Genesis Gallery in town.  Can't wait to collect them.

I was however, treated to coffee and cakes out and then spent the afternoon with a great bunch of ladies on a craft workshop with the lovely Jill Poole again. 

We got messy with paints and created beautiful stamped pearlescent toppers ......


A great technique,  really fun to do and no two will ever turn out the same.
We stamped onto acetate, turned it over and mixed pearlesent acrylic paints on the back.  Added a piece of white cardstock over the top, and then die cut it to get these beautiful little toppers .....


Just look at the sheen ..... so pretty and so easy to do.  Thanks Jill, will definitely being doing this again.

We also had time to squeeze in a couple of cards too ... one of which was this little Windmill shaped card  from Cardmaking Paradise

How cute is this!!!
Jill had used the template to cut all the pieces and then we coloured them and put them all together.  A certain little man was very pleased with this when I got home!

Hubby also treated me to dinner out last night ... told you I'd been spoiled!  We had a lovely meal at a place called Macfarlane's in Douglas ...... crab cakes, follwed by the best fillet steak I've had in a while, followed by creme brulee - nom! nom!  And to finish off the evening it was cocktails down at the Bath and Bottle - Cheers!!

Ok ...... I'll admit I was a little on the delicate side this morning but I've been in the craft room all day -  busy!
I had to get all my IndigoBlu samples finished and in the post before 5 this afternoon.  Kay's back on Create & Craft on Sunday ...... 9am and 3pm.  They're all done and should be in the hands of the Royal Mail now - phew!!
Tune in on Sunday to see the brand new designs, you won't be disappointed!


Ooops .... sorry, am I teasing .....


Oh, there goes another one ..... I'm going to be in trouble!!!


No more now ..... you've seen enough. Tempted yet!!!  Well .... if you can't wait until Sunday check out the IndigoBlu website ...... you'll find all the new stamp designs on there.

Thanks for popping by, it's always nice to see you.  Time to put my feet up and catch up on some TV I think. 
I'll be back tomorrow though with my first DT post for the Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge - whoo hoo!!!
I'm so excited ... can you tell.  Please take a look, and let me know what you think.

Enjoy your evening.
Cheerio for now ......

Linda
xx

4 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Glad you had a great day. Looking forward to seeing the samples.
Avril xx

Nikki K said...

Glad you had a great day hun, your samples look amazing just from the sneak peek! I'm excited for tomorrow too :) xx

Aileen said...

Sounds like you've had a lovely time and been able to add in some craft time too. Lovely cards. x

Redanne said...

So pleased that you had a lovely birthday, I love those gorgeous pictures that hubby has bought for you! Love the gorgeous little windmill card and your sneak peeks look wonderful, looking forward to seeing Kay even more now! Hugs, Anne x