Tuesday 11 March 2014

Spring is in the air ......

Happy Tuesday,

I'm afraid my blog posts are going to be a bit short and sweet this week ..... only 2 more sleeps to go then I'm off on my travels with the first trip of the year across to the UK ...... I can't wait.  Lot's to do before I go though. 

I've been running around all over the place for the last few days ...... in between trying to get all the jobs done in the old craft room, I was trying to get the household stuff in order too.  And on top of all that ..... anything that could go wrong ....... did go wrong.

First off Saturday morning I flooded the utility room floor ...... opened the washing machine door to load it up and what came out .... you guessed it ....... COLD WATER!!!!!  Not a great start ..... now I have a washing machine that refills itself once the cycle has finished ..... and I'm waiting for the plumber to get back to me to let me know when he can fix it!!  

Then ...... my printer ran out of ink ..... well one colour of ink or so it said!!  Of course, I hadn't got a replacement cartridge .... that would have been too easy.   Off we go to get a new one ..... OMG!!! The price of printer cartridges is EXTORTIONATE!  I needed a small mortage.  So ..... hubby being the careful one with the pennies (???!??) said  'just get the one you need, and we'll look on the internet ..... we'll find them cheaper elsewhere'  Good idea I thought ..... so off we went.
Got home, loaded the new cartridge, switched the printer on ..... two more cartridges were LOW but ok for now (so the printer told me).  Went to print off my stuff ........ arrrgggghhhh!!!  wouldn't let me print as it was out of Magneta ink.  I wish it would make it's mind up.  Well, you can imagine my reaction ..... I almost needed a new printer.
Hubby got straight on the internet, ordered me a full set of new cartridges ...... way cheaper than PC World I might add and they should be here tomorrow ..... fingers crossed.  I need to print some photos to take with me.

Anyway ..... enough of all that.  I did manage to get my Less Is More card done over the weekend - eventually!
It only took me 4 attempts ........ why, I hear you ask, there's nothing to it ......


It's One Layer Week ..... that's why ..... always fun!  And this week the subject is

SPRING FLOWERS

I went for Tulips in the end ...... from the Penny Black 'T' for Transparent set  'enjoy' (30-024)
I love this little set of stamps, the flowers are so pretty and you also get a delicate butterfly on there and birds too.
I just inked up my tulips using Memento Dew Drop ink pads - Rose Bud and New Sprout, and the words are stamped in GreyArchival ..... not as harsh as black


I still felt as though it was missing something, so I took the complimenting Rose Bud Fireworks Spray ink, and added a few drips around the words ...... all done!

Thanks for popping by today.  I've got the house to myself this morning .... peace and quiet!  No time for relaxing though .... there's DT stuff to do, blog posts to write, ironing waiting to be done and then there's the packing.  That's Tuesday sorted.

Cheerio until next time ......

Linda
xx

7 comments:

Redanne said...

Your card is beautiful, I think that is why I don't do CAS or one layer - they are much harder to do! I share your angst over the cost of printer inks, I always think it would be cheaper to buy a new printer each time I buy the refills.......... Safe journey over here. Anne xx

Jen Nelson said...

this is stunning lindylou
thanks for joining us at less is more this week
Jen
xx

Elaine said...

Beautifully delicate card - love those tulips!!

Angela said...

Beautiful Card. Enjoy your trip!

Anne said...

So pretty! Enjoy your trip
Thanks for taking part in the one layer challenge at LIM this week
Anne (Guest LIM commenter)

Lisa A. said...

Beautiful!!

Huguenot Girl said...

Stunning card - congrats on being showcased on LIM! Nicole x