Sunday 23 March 2014

Not my usual colour choice, but .......

Happy Sunday morning to you,

I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing day today, where the only job on the list is cooking a roast dinner .... easy!
The last few days have been somewhat busy but, I got all my DT stuff done, step by steps and photos emailed to the magazine on Friday and parcels in the post before lunchtime yesterday - phew!!  I think today I'm going to spend tidying up in the old craft room, and sorting through my new stash.  I picked up a couple of nice wooden wine crates yesterday whilst we were re-stocking the wine rack from one of our local wine cellars ..... perfect storage boxes. Now I just have to decide what to put in them!

We also picked up my birthday present too ..... I was on champagne at lunchtime (hic!), thanks to the Genesis Gallery in Douglas, when we went to collect these guys .....


I suppose that's another job for today ...... getting these up on the wall.  May just need hubby's help with that one.

Anyway on to the crafty stuff.  Merry Monday, the Christmas Card Challenge is 100 this week 
100 challenges eh! ..... Congratulations! and well done ladies for coming up with such fabulous, fun themes each week.

I must admit though, I was a bit worried about this week's theme .....


The Sketch ..... not so much, but the COLOURS!!!! Deep pink and lime green ..... for Christmas??!!  Don't get me wrong I love the colour combination but, it wouldn't be my first choice for festive cards.

I gave it my best shot though ....... better get those sunglasses ready!


Told you ....... It's a bit on the BRIGHT side, but ..... I quite like it now that it's done.

We had the choice of using the Sketch OR the colours, or we could combine the two ....... so I covered everything ..... and chose both!

The papers are BoBunny Double Dot and the cute little stamps are from an Stampin Up set (I think it was a Hostess set last Christmas)

 
I've gone for the CAS look with the stamping, with just a hint of sparkle and a pretty gem to top off the tree


And the inside's done too


I'm not sure it will become a festive favourite of mine ..... but the colours make a refeshing change from the traditional red and green!

Well it's time to get the coffee on again I think ....... said I was having a lazy day.
Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy your Sunday.

Cheerio until next time .....

Linda
xx

3 comments:

Redanne said...

I think that the colours look wonderful now you have made the card up (although I would have thought so before!) and it is gorgeous! Love your pictures too, nice to see them again. Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

This little tree and your DP are so perfect for this challenge, Linda! Love the little bit of sparkle! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Lori Turner said...

Super cute Linda! I'm very happy that you stepped out of your comfort zone and jumped right into our challenge at Merry Monday! Awesome card :) xoxoox