Friday 7 March 2014

Messy monoprinting ...... Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge

Happy Friday everyone,

What a fabulous week it's been ..... busy, but hey! that's how I like 'em.

I'm absolutely thrilled to be posting my first project as part of the new Design Team for the Craft Stamper Take it Make it Blog Challenge


The challenge is now running monthly and each one will be based around one of the techniques featured in the latest edition of the magazine.
For this month's challenge you'll find the chosen technqiue on page 6 of the brand new ..... on sale today .......  April issue.


It's all about creating backgrounds with acrylic paints and monoprinting, using an Acrylic Block. So for those of you that don't have gelli plates, the lovely Trish Latimer shows how to get the same effect using something that we all have in our craft stash.

Here's what I've come up with for you ....


I had fun playing with the PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics and the JOFY stamps.

I used Trish's step by steps, which are really easy to follow, and  applied the paints directly onto the acrylic block ..... the colours are Sky, Pansy and a touch of the Snowflake white.
I used a brayer to spread out and blend my paints and cover the acrylic block, then I took a piece of bubble wrap and dabbed it over the paint  before taking my first print, this gave the look of some texture to the background ......


After taking the first print there was still a little bit of paint left on the block, so .... not wanting to waste anything I took some cling film, scrunched it into a ball  and then dabbed it over the paint.  I took another print giving me a completely different look, which I used to make some accent pieces for my project.


The background card for my sentiment (JOFY14), and also to stamp the cute scalloped border (JOFY13) .....


Once all the paint was dry, I started on the rubber stamping.  Everything on the background card was done using Onyx Black Versafine ink


The stamp I used around the edge is from the JOFY12 set, along with the spikey flowers.  And I added in the daisies from JOFY 13
I then stamped the flower heads again and the leaves, onto white cardstock, using Black Memento ink and added a touch of colour with Copic Markers ......


These were then cut out and overlayed onto the stamped background.

I added the words and the scalloped border, then to finish off I dotted some PaperArtsy Orchid Acrylic paint onto the background and highlighted the spikey flowers using a white gel pen.
A bit of matting and layering using co-ordinating cardstock and then the whole thing was attached to the front of a large square cardblank.

I always like to finish the insides of my cards by taking elements of whats on the front ......


As you can see, I've used more of the stamps from JOFY13, coloured with the same markers, and added another of the scalloped borders.
I've dotted the pink paint too, just to tie it all in with the design on the front.


Hope you like it, and that I've inspired you to give this month's challenge a go.  Go on, get out your acrylic blocks and get messy with your paints ..... it's fun! The winner of this months challenge will be announced on Friday March 28th ..... Good luck everyone!

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Design Team have been up to you'll find links to all their blogs on the Challenge post.

Thanks for looking ..... enjoy the weekend
Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

6 comments:

Renee said...

This is awesome!

Tracy said...

Renee said it all Linda . . . AWESOME... beautiful background, gorgeous flowers and a pretty inside!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Renee, looove the brayed background with the paints (gorgeous colours)! The JOFY stamps look great, and such a fresh, modern feel to the card! The pop of white just finishes it off perfectly.
Dot x

Greta said...

Wonderful creation, Linda! I really need to give it a try--you've inspired me!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! I love how you used bubblewrap, and then cling film! I adore JOFY stamps and you've used them beautifully!

ElizabethR said...

That's as gorgeous on the inside as out, I love those stamps. xxx