Tuesday 4 March 2014

Less is More ..... on a Tuesday!!!!

Morning everyone,

A bit of as flying visit today I'm afraid.  I'm doing 10 jobs at once ....... going at 100mph but hey! things are getting done - yeah!! (Thank goodness)

The dancing has stopped and it's back to work.  Thank you all, by the way, for your comments and congratulations on yesterday's news.  I've actually sent off my first DT project for the Craft Stamper Take It Make It (TIMI) Challenge (whoo hoo!).  No sneaky peeks I'm afraid ...... you'll have to wait for that one.

In amongst the chaos that is currently going on in the old craft room, I did make time yesterday to enter this weeks Less is More challenge ........ a bit early in the week for me I know, but I'm trying to get organised!!

It's Colour week and the ladies have challenged us with a taste of spring ......we have to use

Yellow and Green

Hmmmm ..... not the first colours I go for but, I gave it a go .......

What do you think?  You can just about see in the background, the sun is shining again this morning.  It's a bit on the chilly side, but spring is definitely in the air.

The pretty daisies are from a Stampendous Perfectly Clear set (Daisy Stem Trio) and they saw their first ink pad when I made this card .... goodness knows how long they've been in the old stash.  
They've been stamped using Memento ink and then coloured with Copic Markers.  I added just a touch of fine crystal glitter to the centres, for a bit of sparkle.


The dotty ribbon was from my bit box (love the colour) and I added a cute yellow button to finish off.


The 'hello' sentiment was from the same stamp set

Of course I've stamped the design on the inside too........ a nice finishing touch I think


I'm beginning to like yellow and green .... looks clean and fresh.  Maybe I'll start using it more often.

Oh well, back to the craft room it is.  It's more IndigoBlu samples today ....... new stamps (hehe!) Kay's back on our screens at the weekend ...... Sunday 9th March, I think it's 9am and 3pm (I'll confirm this later in the week though).  I'm going all out today to try and get them finished ..... well it's my birthday tomorrow (oops! another hint there!) and I don't really want to spend the whole day in my craft room ......

Thanks for popping by today .... enjoy your Tuesday.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

14 comments:

Chrissie said...

This looks gorgeous Linda!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Jan said...

Tuesday fine! Lol! Love those daisies xx Jan

Julie B said...

Love that stamp Linda, it's amazing what you will find in your stash!
My friend is a little more mobile but as grumpy as hell. She will have to miss her craft class tomorrow! Thanks for your kind words.:)

Nonni said...

Stylish card!

Redanne said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Linda. I really love your CAS card today, the daisies are beautiful. Hugs, Anne x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab image and design.xxx

Elaine said...

Congrats on your news and I love your LIM card - those daisies are gorgeous!

Angela Allen said...

Congratulations on yesterdays news. Love all your cards,and this one is no exception.
Angela x

Aileen said...

Love the daisies and taking the decoration through to the inside finishes the card off beautifully. x

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous card - I love the inside too!!

Darnell said...

You should go ahead and use those colors more often, Linda! I'd say they suit you - or you suit them - beautifully! Daisies were the perfect choice and your design is fabulous!! Hugs, Darnell

Anne said...

So glad you inked up this stamp and made such a super card!
Thanks for joining this week’s Less is More Challenge
Anne
(Guest LIM commenter!)

Mrs.B said...

H Linda, just catching up - first of all - hope you've had a wonderful Birthday! - and Congratulation on your DT news - looking forward to seeing your projects.
This is a lovely card, by the way, fabulous image.
Avril xx

Viv said...

Great card and hope you enjoyed your birthday too :) Viv xx