Monday 17 March 2014

Guess Where I've been ......

Happy Monday .......... from the UK!

Well ....... blogging over the weekend happened ..... didn't it!?! It wasn't through lack of trying though ...... no WiFi at the hotel unless I was prepared to take out a small mortgage. And when I could get online (briefly whilst having breakfast) there wasn't enough time to get a post done. In the end I gave up! The number of times this post has been re-written is getting silly now.

Anyway ........ for those of you who don't know, I've just spent a fabulous weekend at the home of IndigoBlu ..... on a craft retreat at their HQ ......... the place where it all happens.


It was a bit of an epic journey getting there ...... our flight first thing on Thursday morning was cancelled due to weather conditions - flippin' FOG everywhere!! So we were booked onto a later one. Mind you when you're flying in one of these little babies the weather is a big factor I suppose.


It did mean that it wasn't such an early start ..... no getting up at stupid o'clock to get to the airport. Much more civilised.
Anyway .... after a further 3 delays through the morning we finally got off the island and I arrived in the UK only 5 and a half hours late!

It was all worth it though, I've just spent three days full of inky craftiness with the fabulous Kay Halliwell-Sutton and my lovely crafty buddies ..... what a weekend!

I can't really share all the details with you just yet ......... the retreat is running again at the beginning of April and I don't want to spoil it for anyone who's booked on.
What I can show you is the workshop area where we all spent the last three days ......


This was Thursday evening ....... before we started. It didn't look that at 5.30 each day I can tell you.

Over the 3 days we did 3 fabulous projects ..... all home decor pieces. Each one full of great techniques which Kay took us through step by step, then you just ran with it and created our own works of art .... so much fun. It was a lovely bunch of ladies .... we all had a real giggle. And, it was nice to finally meet up with some of my blog friends and teamies who I've only ever chatted to via email, Facebook etc. - Karen, Julie, and Laura, hopefully see you all again soon ...... Xx

I think there's still a couple of places left on the April retreat if anyone wants to book on ..... You won't regret it. Check out the IndigoBlu website for details.

I'm still over in the UK ..... I'm in Sheffield today. Stephen picked me up from the retreat last night and we drove over here and had a nice evening out with Chris.

I'll be back on Manx soil this evening ..... and the old craft room door will be open again tomorrow. It's a busy week .....DT stuff to catch up on, a magazine submission to do, and I believe there's a HUGE box waiting for me from IndigoBlu ....... so, back to normal then!

Phew! ..........Finally got to the end. It's only taken me 4 days! ....... and cost me my sanity. Blogging on the iPad is rubbish! I'll never shout at my old laptop again.

Well ..... time for breakfast I think (late start this morning ...... too many champagne cocktails last night!)

Cheerio for now

Linda

xx

 

 

3 comments:

Redanne said...

Sounds like you had a great few days despite your delayed start! Anne xx

Mrs.B said...

Glad you had a great time Linda, looking forward to seeing what you created.
Avril xx

Diane said...

What a fun way to learn new techniques and make friends.

Hugs diane