Thursday 20 March 2014

First day of Spring????

Happy Thursday folks,

I don't know what the first day of Spring's been like where you are ..... but over here, it's been pretty wet and windy!!!  It's rained most of the day, and we've even had hailstones this afternoon ........ but the sun is shining now and we have blue sky at last.  I think I've said this before but ....... that's Isle of Man weather for you ...... changable!

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things .... the old craft room is back to it's usual state ..... full of stuff and mess everywhere (just how I like it!).  It's business as usual ... busy!  But I have sneaked in a little entry for this weeks Less is More Challenge .......

As always on the third weekend in the month, it's a Theme week and this time we have

MASKING OR STENCILLING

I used both ..........what do you think?


I masked off a circle towards the bottom of my card, then placed my birdcage stencil over the top.  I used Weathered Wood  Distress ink through the stencil to colour my birdcage ...... and then added just a touch of Vintage Photo to the bird ......


I removed the stencil and added some colour to the background (Stormy Sky and Bundled Sage Distress inks) with the circle mask still in place.

The circle mask was removed and I added the branch to 'hang' the birdcage from .......


I replaced the birdcage stencil and continued the chain outside the inked circle to meet with the branch.

To finish off I added the little sentiment and a few highlights to the birdcage using a Sakura Stardust gel pen, and added a few sparkly gems ..... job done!!

Oh well .... quick break over with ..... better get back in the old craft room I suppose.  Thanks for popping by today ..... enjoy the rest of your Thursday.

I'll be back tomorrow with my DT inspriation for you for the next IndigoBlu Challenge .... hmmmm I wonder what the new theme will be?  If you haven't entered this months challenge there's still time ... if you're QUICK that is.  It closes at 8pm this evening so get your skates on.

Cheerio until next time ....

Linda
xx

7 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi there, This card is so lovely, delicately coloured and totally CAS, I love it ! :D x

Jan said...

This is gorgeous xx Jan

Viv said...

So beautiful Linda :) Viv xx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card. I must get some stencils they look so versitile. Cheers, Dianne :-)

Anne said...

Linda this is gorgeous, love it!
Thanks for taking the Less is More Challenge this week
Anne
(Guest commenter LIM)

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Linda, for being showcased again by LIM for this sweet and beautiful card!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Paru Mahtani said...

Such a beautiful card! Your stencilling is awesome!